Show us your pets

Hi David, my plans are somewhat uncertain as I am thinking of moving/downsizing to a flat and need at least one operation , otherwise I would now have another cat

3 Likes

I’m sure you are thinking about it carefully Ian, having followed Mrs Houdini’s story over the last year or so. But I would just say that you live your life just once, there are lots of cats and dogs out there desperate for someone like you to befriend them and if able to speak I think might say “carpe diem Ian”.

10 Likes

^^^^ totally agree with David. As soon as you feel comfortable.

And this is our most recent “rehome”.
Yep, it’s Jacou Pixie P@rdo, in I-want-a-snuggle mode!

We’ve had Pixie for about 4.5 years. Retired queen, from a very reputable breeder, indeed we later acquired Coralee - as a kitten but not related - from the same lady.

A lovely girl, but takes no nonsense from the youngsters…“Look’ee here. I’ve had my fair share of kittens…and you bring more in. Grump!!”

15 Likes

Thanks David , I just don’t want to mess some poor animal around .

Mrs Houdini came to me as a cat that was possibly a house cat, her predecessor was a Bengal who went walkabout (a long story in which I am partially to blame) and I recovered dead at the side of a road .

Mrs Houdini used to sit and watch me, so one day I spent hours coaxing her out the house and though she never went far I have always felt uncomfortable with the idea of a house cat.

I also have seen hundreds of big cats in the wild, tigers, lions, leopards, cheetahs, servals and even smaller

I would love a cat , but feel very conflicted

Ian

5 Likes

Spider!

G

23 Likes

Can’t walk him on a lead, but he’s a good boy.

5 Likes

Dodging the showers this morning at Kilkenny.

20 Likes

Willy.

12 Likes

Very amusing.

1 Like

We have three extra doggie guests this weekend. Here’s Milo on the beach at Camber this morning. Very sweet and affectionate, although I’m not sure Louby-Lou is enjoying the attention.

29 Likes

28 Likes

I put all the clocks forward one hour today (one day early in readiness) and then spent the afternoon pottering around in the garden, however the cats seeing the time came out to say it was their dinner time even thought it was really one hour earlier than usual :clock5:

27 Likes

@Debs

Cats that are able to tell the time?
Now I know anything is pawsible!

8 Likes

The bunny and chickens are having nothing of this artificial Hooman clock…….just natural daylight clock.

3 Likes

Mr Tux time? ^

Except Mr Tux never wears a smile:

19 Likes

@Debs I was going to post a picture of one those Cat Clocks in response to your first post, but decided to write a response instead!

1 Like

George & Sofie

23 Likes

Very special day. Introducing Fritz, my first ever dog. Love him already. Named him after my router, because of the lovely connection we’ve already made.

31 Likes

Bindy the bin-dog in his usual position when I’m out

26 Likes

He blows over too easy in the wind. Not much of a guard dog. Sorry, April Fools. Feel bad now😳

14 Likes