Show us your pets

Delighted to hear your news @Pete_the_painter :smiley:

1 Like

Nice one, hope it works out…….not sure how they can run checks on you unless a court has banned a person from keeping pets?

1 Like

They ring your references (we you supply) which really is a bit dumb as your not likely to give them the name of an enemy. :grin:

2 Likes

Tactical harness; he’s finding it difficult to jump into my truck. Double handled harness makes things easier.

20 Likes

Daughter#2 & partner adopted a couple of cats a couple of years ago from a charity - London Inner City Kitties. They were asked to complete a multi-page questionnaire, submit a video of the prospective home, had a couple of phone interviews, and provide references (unsurprisingly, Mum & Dad), to convince LICK that they were suitable, especially as they were “first time” owners, and that the kitties had to be “indoor cats”. It was a very comprehensive review.

Nyx & Artemis (who have already featured on this thread) have settled in nicely, but it has taken a couple of years. However, they are now starting to assert themselves, i.e. “run the household”!

8 Likes

Me and the late Mrs Houdini (bless)

26 Likes

A year ago today. I collected these two frightened feral kittens, who would hide under the bed in the spare room if I went in there. Only peeked out to eat once I was a fair distance from the food bowls.
Now they hi-jack my bed, and have playfights across me as I sleep, wander around the house recognising that they own it and me.

30 Likes

Dave , the very rare dog / unicorn hybrid

29 Likes

Our Cairn Terrier Sofie.

26 Likes

Mr Tux, the angriest cat in the village, visited here today with his daily task to chomp a few Dreamies cat treats i gift him, and while here he can have a good grumble about things.

He showed me a fighting wound on his paw he received while apparently duffing over a stray feral farm cat, explaining how his knuckle sandwich took aim and saw the blighter off. However i said that one of my cats witnessed the fight and she said it looked more like you got your tuxedo well and truly ruffled.
Mr Tux was absolutely furious at this version of events…

27 Likes

25 Likes

Ah. Apparently I can’t sit there for the time being…

27 Likes

Or, if like ours, ever again!

1 Like

25 Likes

It looks like your cat has absorbed a black rabbit!

10 Likes

After our oldest and ill cat wandered off into the sunset we were down to two, but only for two weeks as we then adopted one of our neighbours cats that had left home and was looking for a new one!
She had gone previously to people up the road but they couldn’t take her so she ended up with us.
She, Star - although name could change :smile:, was inside for a week and now is gradually exploring the house more. She doesn’t seem keen on going far and isn’t much company either!

On a cat sofa, on Mrs P’s work table, trying to be sociable.

20 Likes

She looks very unsure, and nervous. Give her time and lot of love….up to a year even. But she will come round!

Suggest a mega tub of Dreamies may help.

5 Likes

Apparently, no one ever feeds her…

…or so she would have you believe.

23 Likes

She is incredibly unsure, give her time.

The much missed Mrs Houdini was so unsure I never saw her for the first two weeks and she turned out to tone the sweetest and most loving cat.

Missed dreadfully

Ian

3 Likes

Some years ago we adopted a rescue cat that had been usurped by a later-acquired young cat. The then owner responded to them fighting by moving the existing cat into a greenhouse in the garden. We responded to her advert and rescued him. Smudgy lived under the wardrobe in our spare bedroom for a week then gradually emerged to participate in family life with us, our three kids and two existing cats.

It all worked out fine and he was a very loving and affectionate cat who happily lived with us until eventually some years later, to my intense dismay, a brain tumour took him away from us.

7 Likes