Show us your pets

I have a Russian and he’s a dead lookalike for one :rofl::rofl:

Gorgeous still the same :blush:

1 Like

If you don’t let go, I can’t throw it for you.

14 Likes

These are not my moggies but I could not resist sharing .

Thanks to the cat spotting society’s social pages.

19 Likes

A weekend away, quick picture of the Goldens on this beautiful September day

Poppy

Ziggy

19 Likes

Disa, chief-surveyor of the drystone wall construction works :construction: :construction_worker_woman: :rock: :jigsaw:

21 Likes

After reading the notices the cats are obliging by laying on and not sitting on. :smile_cat: :+1:

9 Likes

Daughter #1 is discovering what happens when you leave your chair for five minutes:

(This is Valjean)

24 Likes

Tilly with a freshly washed blanket.

18 Likes

The “grandkittens”

Javert on the left, Valjean on the right

22 Likes

Tilly in another strange sleeping position :thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Love seeing photo’s of Tilly, animals do get in to some weird positions, but if she’s comfortable, then she’s happy :blush:

3 Likes

A battle often fought with Mrs Houdini and never won

9 Likes

Louby Lou has had a rather distended tummy the last week or so. She’s been having difficulty getting up stairs and has generally slowed down quite dramatically. So concerned was I that I arranged to visit the vet with her today. Unfortunately the vet confirmed my fears - she has what are likely to be some large tumours and it won’t be long before discomfort turns to pain, at which point I will need to do what’s necessary and have her put to sleep. As you might imagine it has come as a terrible blow. Yes, she’s an older dog at 15 but she’s always been so full of life and energy. All that has changed in the blink of an eye.

Here she is on Saturday morning down at her favourite spot near Rye harbour.

21 Likes

Sorry to hear that Richard. All the best for her in her last days and weeks.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear the news, Richard. As you say the affects of illness can strike very quickly. It doesn’t help you but doing what’s necessary is the greatest kindness we can give our loved ones. My best wishes.

1 Like

Dog chilling in the sun whilst listening to my son practice his piano…

14 Likes

So very sorry Richard , they are such a part of lives.

Yesterday I changed and made the bed , and then looked for Mrs Houdini lying on it …

1 Like

So sad to hear your news … be brave and remember the good times as well as the last.

1 Like

Sad news Richard, 15 years of good times for you both already.

1 Like

Thanks Jamie (and everyone), although sadly only nine years for us as Louby spent her first few years in a cage making puppies. She was rescued at 3 years old when complications meant she was left for dead. Luckily she was rescued by a lovely lady and vets managed to mend her. I met her in the park in London when she was 6 years old. Unfortunately she would fight with a couple of the Lady’s other dogs and she didn’t know what to do and feared she would have to put her up for adoption. I had fallen in love with her right there and then (and I think she too had done likewise with me) So I decided she could come home with me, and we’ve been together ever since.

21 Likes