Show us your Second System

Love your room and the garden Fc! Simply lovely.

1 Like

This used to be the main system, now relegated to the second system. I somewhat agree with Innocent Bystander. The second system usually gets very little use as most of the time was spent with the main system. Nonetheless, in my book it is good to have 2 systems, to be able to occasionally (or frequently) switch between both.

9 Likes

My left field contribution :slight_smile:

2 Likes

8 Likes

Curious! Why would you want to switch between systems? Or is it a matter of different systems being ’tuned’ to enhance different types of music, rather than do all music equally?

Well, primarily it’s just to have a different listening experience. In reality I wanted to retain the second system which i have built for a decade since I knew the system is capable of great things. It’s not so much about one system being tuned to enhance different types of music. It’s the difference in the presentation between the 2 systems that is important. I wouldn’t want to keep 2 systems if they sound exactly the same.

2 Likes

Yeah - it’s exactly this. In my case we don’t need the number of bedrooms we have, so I’ve got all my vinyl in one of them, and thought I’d add a system to go with my lovely eames chair. So it was about having a different sound in a different space. And not breaking the bank to do it.

2 Likes

Issue solved:

14 Likes

Bedroom system along. Picked up the NorStone esse rack from one of our local hi-fi dealers this afternoon, and the Cyrus PSX-R and the Tascam DA 302 twin DAT arrived this afternoon. It’s not in final position: I am moving my bed and moving the rack to the other side of the room so I will have more space for the speakers.

9 Likes

Now, that’s better, isn’t it? Looking good!:sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s an absolute beaut. I have absolutely no use case whatsoever for a B77 Reel to Reel, but that doesn’t stop me wanting one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.