Show us your Sondek

Thanks for that. I may have asked before, as my memory is no longer as good as it used to be!

2 Likes

I love mine!

21 Likes

If it weren’t for the different mat and cartridge, I’d think that you’d stolen mine!

1 Like

:slight_smile: quote=“Tanktop73, post:3497, topic:7909, full:true”]
Thanks Graham. It was given a clean bill of health when the Radikal2 was fitted. As I understand it the Ittok bearings are no longer available.
[/quote]

With respect to Richard Dane’s moderation, hopefully, this post can act as a beacon of hope for Ittok users:

It’s true Johnnie at AO no longer services Ittoks but a friend of his has started making repairs! Naturally I cannot include a link here (Forum rules) but look up Paul Bird at The Hi-Fi Gallery in Kinross!:slight_smile:

KR,

Peter

8 Likes

Wow Peter. Thanks for that.

1 Like

This is good news…
Just found this on the “The Hi-Fi Gallery” website suggested…
Thanks for posting Peter.

Look for page “TONEARM REPAIR SHOP”…

We undertake to repair and refurbish your cherished tonearm, rewires consist of high quality 33awg plastic coated copper wire. We do offer some more exotic wire please discuss this at the time of your enquiry.

We can also replace your bearings in most arms assuming we can get stock of the original or better, we usually keep stock of the more popular bearings and always have Ittok LV11 and LV111 bearings in stock.

When you place an order we will await delivery of your arm and it will then go into the queue, we aim to turnaround in 2-4 weeks, we would give more precise times, however as no two jobs are the same we often have to spend more time on some arms depending on their age and condition.

our prices include VAT however if you are an overseas customer we can give you a price excluding VAT as you will probably be due local taxes on the repair cost.

If you need more than one piece of work on your arm we offer package prices with a great savings.

We can also offer, on some arms, the facility to manufacture or replace captive external cable, we recommend around 1.5m for this and we charge £150 extra for this service using CMC locking RCA plugs, or for an extra cost premium Viablue RCA sockets and braided cable.

4 Likes

Happy to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re not alone mate

Let’s have a bit more wenge love! I had posted this picture some while back to show two upgrades, Karousel and Kandid.

25 Likes

Well done, sir - we can’t have enough photos of LP12 Wenge plinths!

Wenge is good ‘n all but a bit ‘cold’ to my eye (smiley face) ….let’s see some ‘redder’ woods please….

Kuma’s and Clive’s have to be Woodsong. You can spot them a mile off. His finish is unmatched by anything I’ve seen.

2 Likes

I can’t do Wenge but how about a slice of Simon Price Simplinth in Indian rosewood with a high gloss finish? (Difficult for a mobile phone pic to do it justice tbh)

19 Likes

Wood doesn’t get much redder than Cherry😉

22 Likes

A Darker cherry.
Not dusty cherry…much.

16 Likes

Omg “let’s see some redder woods,” glossy polyurethane varnished plinths and cherry. Noooo, just say no. Windows like this come to mind.
IMG_4117

IMG_8988

2 Likes

We have a winner.

15 Likes

only if it would be your own one :wink:

2 Likes

Nah…. Those frames are closer to Wenge……

Redder be more like…….

IMG_0238