Show us your Sondek

This is the first time I’ve looked at this thread in a month and it’s nice to see there is lots of activity. Yes, just for clarity about 1350 Aros were made. Plus an unspecified number of tops plus an unspecified number of staff builds.
Nice to hear some good news on the BBC this morning: vinyl sales this year are up 11.7% against last year, and this is the biggest volume (around 6 million vinyl sales in the UK) there has been since 1990!

It’s great to hear you guys are enjoying your LP12s so much :blush::sunglasses:.

KR, Peter

20 Likes

It was launch in '87 replacing the Karma and it was eventually superseded by Arkiv in '90/91.
I remember a demo in April '87 at Audiotech Hq in Pisa along with Lp12/Ittok Nac 42.5/HC/250/Kan. I 've been so mesmerized by that system that i ordered a Troika for my recently acquired Lp12/Ittok/Asaka
P.s. I’ve just discussed with my Linn dealer in Cremona for the final spec. of the Sondek i’ll have in a few weeks.

3 Likes

I’ve been making this deck work hard since the upgrades I had done this year. It sounds superb and entertains me in a way that streaming and CD’s can’t. It is now my favourite among my sources.

33 Likes

Lovely deck and great pic :+1:

1 Like

Playing a live Doors double album (Bakersfield on 21 Aug 1970) on orange vinyl.IMG_0087|375x500

17 Likes

Matches that plinth!

Fortunately the plinth won’t change colour if I put on a green or even purple LP!

Phew :grin:

Nice TrigB cartridge body!

1 Like

Well spotted. It allows a two point fixing cart to become three point fixing.

1 Like

Looks great Graeme, what upgrades have you had done?

1 Like

Thanks Mike.

Upgrades this year:

ARad1 to ARad2
Kore to Keel
Basik Plus to Ekos SE
AT750SH to AT VMN760SLC TrigB modified (the red bit on the cart)
Linn mat to Collaro red mat

Each upgrade has proven to be worth the money in terms of lower noise floor, increased detail retrieval, and sheer boogy factor.

6 Likes

Yes a LP12 can do that, quite amazing. Lovely deck you have.

2 Likes

I’m looking for one of these, but couldn’t find a retailer in NZ. Might get one sent over.

Is the ARad a power supply? You must be close to a Klimak spec?

1 Like

Yes, ARad is an abbreviation for ‘Akurate Radikal’ power supply.
Close I think but not quite there yet. Next year maybe. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thanks, I’m still learning my way around the whole LP12 thing.

2 Likes

Me too. I get a lot of help to understand from Peter Swain.

2 Likes

Collaro Mat available in Aus Mike

I’m using on the LP12 ARO

Better than Linn mat imo

1 Like

Cheers, I’ve found one from Groove Audio that delivers to NZ. Will grab a black one I think. Will have to remove the double sided strips of tape - could be interesting if it’s stuck to the platter… nothing a bit of meths won’t sort out.

The only downside to the Collaro is that the vinyl tends to stick to it even more than Linn mat so it’s a pain when changing sides

Not all the time but quite frequently I’ve found

But definitely sounds better

2 Likes