Show us your Sondek

There’s something unusual going on in the bottom left corner in your photo.

Is that connected to an external power supply?

That is the switch for the Zeus power supply, it gives the speed readout and has a speed sensor with correction. The Zeus is made by Valhalla Electronics and is an upgrade to their Minos PS.

FF

4 Likes

Thanks for that. That’s not something that I’ve come across before.

LP12/Kandid was being driven by Supernait 3 phono input via some Sony ha-t10 mini MC step up inline transformer. They are a very neat setup and sound fine.

27 Likes

That’s a really nice LP12 Bandit, can I ask, what power supply are you using for the LP12?

2 Likes

Hi Mario, thank you. Sure, I’m using Lingo 4 and Kore sub-chassis. The plinth is a new fluted walnut so it doesn’t have the black skirt if you’re interested.

3 Likes

Very nice @Bandit !

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

nice one @Bandit I love the idea with that Mini Step Ups :+1: Which cartridges are recommendable with this combination?

2 Likes

@Richard.Dane is the one for this. Believe these mini transformers were originally made by Ortofon, as the T10’s - but were also sold by Sony & Empire…?

2 Likes

Thanks @IanRobertM and good to know, searching the web actually for some affordable ones

Hi @Richard.Dane could you give some recommendations for MC cartridges with this one in combination with a SN3. I want to improve my Linn Adikt with an MC in the 1000 - 2000 EUR range

1 Like

Thank you. I’m sorry that I don’t know which cartridges are recommendable. I’ve seen my local LP12 dealer using them with his Nait 2 to demo LP12 with mostly Linn MC cartridge from Krystal, Kandid up to Ekstatik. Richard Dane has also mentioned them as a value for money to use with existing MM phono input.

1 Like

Sorry - !! The mini transformers I meant are the Ortofon T-5’s - which are a big phono plug. Its these that Sony & Empire (?) also did, afaik.

The Ortonfon T-10 is a small box, rather than 2 pulgs.

Not sure what @Bandit actually has, now…?

3 Likes

I am using a Linn Troika, rebuilt by David Giffin at Goldring.

13 Likes

These are what I’m using. They are the same as Ortofon T-5 I believe.

IMG_9601

(Picture was from Internet.)

5 Likes

yes, it is the T5 from Ortofon that is identical with the Sonys

2 Likes

@Bandit @krautnaimie - Thanks both. Good Info… :sunglasses:

I need the Sony’s say made in Japan. Wonder if they are the originals. We need @Richard.Dane …!!!

Not Mad Yet… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

The Sony T10s and Ortofon T5s are basically the same thing under the skin. There’s also the Empire ET-1, which is again, the same thing;

I haven’t compared them (I only have a pair of the Ortofons), but would expect them to perform the same as each other.

6 Likes

Thanks, Richard. Are they all Made In Japan…?

images

1 Like

I don’t know. AFAIK only the Sony’s say Made in Japan. I don’t have the original box for my T5s so couldn’t say there as there’s nothing else printed on them.

1 Like