Show us your Sondek

Graham what TT power supply do you use on your main LP12 ?

Thanks

Hello, Bevo, I have an Olive Armageddon - which I rather prefer in looks to the more modern one which I have on the smaller system.

4 Likes

Thanks Graham

Yes I have the Armageddon with my LP12 ARO, mine is the classic look as matches the Superline/SupercapDR classic

There is certainly something about the LP12ARO/Geddon combination that’s for sure

My long suffering dealer is a bit of a fan of it also

1 Like

Especially… with a Black Bottom… :flushed:

When he goes swimming they call him Bob

1 Like

I will defintely get rid of it, for the non use of vinyl the Rega is more than enough, will change the cart, end of the story

My apologies to Richard Dane for calling him Robert - brain fade!

Over half way through cleaning my old vinyl and I must thank everyone for the suggestion. It’s made a crazy difference to the replay quality. I think the well recorded old vinyl replay on the old Valhalla beats the same versions digitally on the ND555, more visceral in a nut shell, and I’m not entirely sure how I feel about that.

The other thing, is that I was only going to clean old favourites. But, as I was getting stuff out and starting checking them over, I released I have a lot of gems, gatefolds, picture inserts, fold outs etc, and I’m rediscovering a whole collection of memories from my earlier years. Quite a lovely journey now.

15 Likes

Bloody hell Mike - vinyl beating the ND 555 - that’s a big call mate and you haven’t even bothered to go further on the LP12 upgrade

I’m not saying anymore :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Apart from you’re on the right track :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

I sometimes have the same thoughts in playing LP12 v CD555, in that some of the later CD issuances of the same are quite unexciting and ‘flat’, kinda surprising given CD is supposed to offer greater headroom et al. I can only think some of the recordco’s were lazy with the CD issuances, perhaps the DACs were just poor?

1 Like

Maybe I’m getting over excited and should run a few more comparisons, I suspect it’s the reverse with new digital recordings versus vinyl pressings. Either way the old LP12 is fantastic value with an old vinyl collection.

2 Likes

Listening to the ND555 tonight on some new recordings, and to be fair, it’s stunningly good. But I’m keeping the LP12, it’s so musical, and so nice having two options, each with their own strengths.

I’m all over the place :flushed:

7 Likes

But in a very nice way and with a big grin all over your face.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

First of all, it isn’t mine. I had a chance to listen to the LP12 50th anniversary at my local dealer today for 3 hours. It’s brilliant even playing with a system comprises of Nait 2 and Linn Kan mk2. The major difference compared to any LP12 I’ve heard is that the 50th anniversary has very low background noise. I can hear the layer of music instruments very clearly. It’s my great experience.

21 Likes

I believe the truth lies within matching source with the era of the medium. Nothing beats and old impulse record on a good vinyl setup. And nothing beats a true hi res recording in a good digital setup.

4 Likes

What is the LP12 perched on?
Looks a bit like a Mana Sound frame of old…

1 Like

It’s build by the local dealer. I believe he replicated from the Mana Sound frame.

1 Like

27 Likes

Really nice, thoughtful photo :+1:

1 Like

My new Ekos SE:

33 Likes