Show us your Sondek

Risky! I suspect you’ll end up with a K-Rad II :joy:

Thanks PSAN

Taken me a bit of time to build up from a LP12 Majik I purchased from my dealer about 4/5 years ago

Now fully loaded ( apart from Keel but that’s a special order for the ARO) and running it with Superline/ Supercap DR and Armageddon

Some say geddon past it but it really works well with ARO, a great combo to me

Never ever part with it

Cheers

1 Like

David, the famous 272!

Have you tried Cymbiosis for an Aro Keel? I reckon Peter is your best bet if you want one.

1 Like

I can understand why you’ll never let that one go. I think I’ve decided to stay with mine in its current state (Akurate level, with Karousel upgrade, and a new Krystal recently), but I have to admit that the Simon Price plinths have me tempted, having originally gone with the standard Linn black ash as being the safe choice. The Simon Price plinths are really stunning.

Yes Clive I’ve been in contact with Peter re Keel for ARO, we chat occasionally as he knows my dealer here in Sydney , I’ve met him a few years ago when he visited.

Just have to pluck up the courage to open the wallet as pricy when take into consideration Aussie dollar conversion plus freight, GST tax etc

I’ve also got a Simon Price fluted Walnut plinth , just in case I get the urge down the line to have a change

Nuts I know but it’s a beauty

2 Likes

The Simon Price plinths are so good …

They certainly are Ian and Simon is a lovely guy to make contact with , even if by email being so far away

I was looking at Woodsong ones for a while but I held back and I’m really glad I did

The quality of Simon’s is incredible

1 Like

Yes. Do not listen the the Klimax Radikal2. It defies the laws of diminishing returns…

3 Likes

No, not nuts. Just self-knowledge and careful planning :wink:

I already have one. I was suggesting that if @MikeNewman were to listen to one he’d likely end up going for it. Whilst the Rad II is astonishing, it’s the effect of the Klimax case which is simply incredible (as it was before Rad II too). After all, the electronics are identical to the Akurate version.

1 Like

Even if you never played music through it, what a statement piece this is. Absolutely stunning. The fact that it does reproduce great music is the key thing of course, but I could just look at this for hours!

Oops I replied to the wrong person.

I agree. Here’s mine……

27 Likes

You are making me so jealous

As I’ve said before , the turntable sits on the pinnacle of the audio system and it is in the job requirements that it both looks good and sounds good

An absolute beauty

It looks like the lacquered finish ? Was that a special request Toon?

Cheers

Bevo

It was 1 of 2 special finishes in High Gloss Indian Rosewood. I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time and it caught my eye.

2 Likes

Sensational

1 Like

Just had this fitted. Too early to make any firm judgements but certainly like what I’m hearing so far.

Using LK amps at the moment but will try CB amps once it’s run in.

16 Likes