Show us Your Tablette 10

That is a job well done MrStreamer :+1:

You’ve got to be kidding me. Really must get a set of supersonic ears. Jeez
Mind you when we are discussing the difference in jumper links I think it’s time to give up.
What are you people on?
:joy::rofl::joy:

8 Likes

Oh come on, next thing you’ll tell me you can’t see the difference in the ocean’s depth after dumping a cup of water in it! It’s pure physics…more water, deeper ocean.

Glad that’s settled!

4 Likes

It’s like asking you why you have the TQB speaker cable and not just some copper wires from the ironmongery. Pointless comment

FWIW I have some Isolation pads on order. If they work as expected, fantastic! If they don’t, I’m not out too much.

1 Like

I am looking to put in a small system for my office, I thought the Tablett 10 may be a good candidate to consider especially given the enthusiasm on the forum, but have a few questions that would appreciate your help

1. how demanding is the Tablette on the rest of the system? I plan to use a Unitiqute, is that sufficient?

2. how is the sound quality at low volume?

3. I see on Proac’s website that there is a new 10th generation Tablette 10 - should I get that or the older version sounding better?

thanks in advance

Tablette 10 is 10th generation of the Tablette (unsurprisingly). Unlike its predecessors it is a sealed box rather than ported so can be placed close to a wall. Very easy to drive and sounds lovely at lower volumes

4 Likes

I expect it is also how the manufacturers voice their products, using their links.

Current models are the Tablette 10 and the Tablette 10 Signature which has an improved cross over. The sigs are a big step up from the regualr 10s in all areas, not that the regular are shabby. But the extra few hundred quid on the Sigs is worth every penny. They sound equally as good at low volumes to high and are easy to place being a sealed unit. They are very easy to drive and it seems work just as well on entry level kit such as the Atom which I have as they do on the higher level stuff such as SN3 and some use seperates and very happy. So there is room for growth with them if you want.

1 Like

If you scroll up you’ll see I sought confirmation from Proac and this is indeed the case.

G

1 Like

And they know for sure know how to make beautiful sounds out of their speakers.

As a parallel, Naim is providing nice connection and speaker cables. I guess they voice their equipment with them. I don’t see reasons to replace them by something else.

1 Like

Hi @GraemeH, I didn’t check, but that makes perfect sense. :0)

I replaced the links in my ATCs with nac5a links it didn’t make any difference to my ears, changing listening position, now that makes a difference in my room, sound tuning for free and minimal effort.

3 Likes

thanks for that, I didn’t realise the Signature version has a different cross over.

How much are these 10 Sig ?

£1495

G

I think that this is what I call “shoutiness” in the mids perhaps. It does get really annoying. I loved the midrange of my Devore Nines for quite a while; then perhaps with system changes (moving up the ladder with Naim from the Nait XS2 I started with when I bought the Nines) the lovely mids became very “shouty.” I could not listen for very long. Whilst I dont suffer tinnitus I could see that if I did it would have been much worse.

2 Likes

thanks

Thanks for you comments @realdpg . I was using bi wired TQ blue and upgraded to single wired TQ black. I would not claim they sound better or even different to other cables. The demo speakers were provided with nac05 but the only difference I could detect was cosmetic.

The demo speakers were actually supplied without spikes on the stands but once again I noticed no difference in sq.

I have re-read your original post and note your speakers are on a desk and you are listening in close proximity. Yes I would imagine you would notice sound differences that would be unnoticeable from a normal listening distance.

ATB

1 Like

A bargain too

1 Like

I’ve used TQB for a period and found it rolled off both top and bottom.
this will work in some installations but I soon had too much of it.
I’ve heard TQBII shortly and found the same character.

1 Like