Show us your turntable

Very happy with it

19 Likes

What TT is it Dunc ?

See my separate thread “thales, etc, etc”

So it’s a Thales something. I’ll have a look at the thread…

Yes it’s only a few posts down

1 Like

garyi

JosquinDesPrez

20h

“That does not seem, um, very elegant?”

Rather than pollute the solstice thread any more I’ll answer here.

Though I find the arm quite elegant in general, the arm lead is a bit of an exception, nor is it particularly robust and packing it away for the move a year ago and subsequently setting it up were rather nerve wracking, fortunately it survived. It might be the only Schröder Reference with BNC connectors, another source of vulnerability that I discovered when I put the superline on top of them a couple of years ago? Fortunately my soldering ability was up to reconnecting the one that broke off.
I’m going to try and get a heavier counterweight so it won’t need to go so far back when balancing an SPU Royal N at 16g plus the heaviest of three cartridge mounting plates available but that cartridge is performing so well in the arm, after quite a considerable amount of tinkering, that any thought of investigating a Solstice has been abandoned.

3 Likes

I guess that was my question, the idea of a lead coming off like that on a moving part does not seem logical. Also I guess if microphony is an actual thing that that lead cannot be doing a lot of favours?

I dont speak with authority here, I have not had my deck for coming on 20 years.

Posted elsewhere, but this is where it belongs.
A P6 with DV10x5 mk2. As suggest by others on this forum. So thank you for that.

It lives with the red mat in case anyone was wondering. The yellow is from the deck it replaces, my P25 ( off to a new home).

As some have said, the P6 is a real sweat spot in the Rega range ( the same could be said of the 10x5 too).

It feeds into my second system that my daughter uses of a 72/hc/140 and a pair of Dali Zensor 1s. Used with naca5.

And yes, the needle lift height did need adjusting. Finding a small enough Allen key was a challenge.

16 Likes

My trusty tabrizi’s days are now numbered. I’ve just ordered the updated Vertere SG PTA HB tonearm. I’ve not been given an ETA yet, but fingers crossed!

13 Likes

Was it always the zi, or did you have it upgraded? And what made you change now?

I occasionally peek at the Vertere decks. Then I look away again quickly!

Oh, is that an upgraded SG-1?

It was always a zi. When I bought it many years ago for my then Xerxes I aspired to an Artemiz but didn’t have the money, so the zi was a close as I could get. Having said that I think it’s an excellent tonearm. The reason for the move is a general move in the direction of a Vertere tt, having already acquired a Vertere psu and arm cable, which I’ve thoroughly enjoyed over the last year or so.

1 Like

Exactly… a few mods including new counterweight, tracking mechanism, head shell and changes to the bearing I think.

1 Like

Wow. It was impressive before that.

1 Like

Brilliant. I have the Vertere PSU on my Xerxes, looking forward to hearing how you get on with the SG arm.

4 Likes

I’ll be sure to provide an update.

My LP12 has a new place to call home…

22 Likes

One for @frenchrooster’s Google archives…
The Borg

Make it so!

Er, or please not

9 Likes

It’s better looking than a few turntables I’ve seen.

2 Likes

The ultimate integrated system?

1 Like