Show us your turntable

What a wonderful cartridge. I had come from Koetsu Black and I am now using a Cadenza Black. I just love this cartridge on my Rega RP 10.

If memory serves, the Decca SET classical ones (usually operas and the like) were 42/6 and the SXLs around 37/6 :grinning:

I think I’m getting old…

1 Like

Not sure the SME would cope with that :smiley:

Might need a slipmat.

1 Like

really? i am seing koetsus alternatives to replace my cadenza black… but not sure which one to get.
what your experience with the change you made?

tks.

Hi, I have already reported about the changes: Cadenza Black
Before the Cadenza I have used a Koetsu Black, so I cannot say anything about the higher range cartridges of Koetsu. After only 4 years I have had a problem with the cantilever which was not really tangential to the groove. This produced distortion.
In comparison to the Koetsu I run the Cadenza with 47 kOhm. The sound is more open and the bass stays punchy. A point the Koetsu makes is symphonic music. The warmth and sweetness the Koetsu produces is wonderful. But with rock, pop, jazz the Cadenza sounds very detailed, organic and also warm. It is very difficult to describe what I hear. I would suppose that you give the Koetsu a try and get a demo.

1 Like

Ekkehard Strauss has written quite a nice survey of various Koetsus on his Medialux blog. He’s a sound engineer by profession so his site probably counts as commercial, therefore I won’t link it but it’s easy to find, You have to wade through a fair bit of valve related stuff find his cartridge reviews but this part of the site is a hobby There’s also a survey of SPUs but don’t read the Lyra Etna review if you can’t afford to run one.

2 Likes

That was a lot of money back in those days. !960s or thereabouts.
That was when a gallon of petrol was 4sh and 8 1/2 halfpenney.

Yes indeed! I spent probably too much of my earnings on records back then.

The new SME is very smart looking- but does it come with a cover?.. :sunglasses:

@Bokermonz might there be any pictures?

I think it’s similar to this?

3 Likes

I’m afraid not yet. A call from track & trace on Tuesday evening put paid to my dealer visit on Wednesday. I’m now planning for a visit Tuesday next week. Hopefully second time lucky!

1 Like

That’s the one!

1 Like

Oh no, but as they the best things…….

17 Likes

Newly acquired P8, Apheta 3, Aria 3. Love it

19 Likes

Nils Frahm :+1::+1:

5 Likes

My new Vertere arm was fitted today. Unfortunately my wonderful two year old ART9 has in the last couple of weeks started to show signs of the hours on the clock. So I also came away with a Hana ML. An expensive day! A couple of hours in and its sounding very promising indeed.

24 Likes

Loving the orange vinyl Abba pressing with its distinctively 70’s feel!

I think I need to start wearing tank tops and brown Farah staypress trousers to fit in!

Jonathan

35 Likes