Show us your turntable

Looks like a ‘Shure’ cartridge ?

1 Like

That looks pretty similar to the Technics I had, Tony, but not the same model. Somewhere I have a photo of it.

I took it over to Canada with me c. 1980 when I was living there for a few years. Had it in my hand luggage sans the SME arm which was also in the hand luggage but in its own box when I flew out of Prestwick. When the Technics went through the scanner, the poor girl at the monitor went into sudden decline, as all she could see on her screen was what looked like a rectangular box with something dark in the bottom right-hand corner with wires coming out of it :grinning:

2 Likes

I had a 4004 and it’s the one bit of kit I would have again in the blink of an eye, but not at £9k thanks Mr B&O…

Great story behind it, lovely looking TT.

1 Like

Probably a Shure V15. In it’s day it was the one to have.

2 Likes

I have no naim equiment yet but… thinking of it :slight_smile:

Meanwhile, SME 12 with Ortofon Cadenza Black.

20 Likes

26 Likes

Brilliant, love SMEs.

Blockquote
Great story, thank you.

Your welcome. It is not always about getting the ultimate sound for me and have never been one to be on a constant upgrade path. When I get something I really like it’s all about enjoying the music. I have only just upgraded my Naim power Amp after 20+ years!
`

3 Likes

Apparently, SME are stopping selling arms individually. If you want one, you have to buy one of their decks.

1 Like

Yes sadly this is true. Hard to fathom really considering they must have sold 000s to run on Avids, Michells etc.

1 Like

Yes, and the standard configuration still is for SME , wiser to make it Rega methinks

At the princely sun of £45 ! - a fortune !?

1 Like

AND - I am pretty ‘shure’ that at the time the SME 3009 was £32?

1 Like

Gar’n. You’ll be telling us LP’s were only 37/6 next. :grinning:

1 Like

I really like that design and the Synergy , I prefer these to the model 20 and 30 .
Very nice.

1 Like

What a wonderful cartridge. I had come from Koetsu Black and I am now using a Cadenza Black. I just love this cartridge on my Rega RP 10.

If memory serves, the Decca SET classical ones (usually operas and the like) were 42/6 and the SXLs around 37/6 :grinning:

I think I’m getting old…

1 Like

Not sure the SME would cope with that :smiley:

Might need a slipmat.

1 Like