Show us your turntable

The opposite of Rega’s philosophy without a doubt, one might wonder which solution produces the best sound?:thinking:

Cheers Bob, much appreciated, yeah my bad, it’s a P1, I’ve got a P3 and an Rp6, so the finger slips occasionally.

Now to do the swap without my daughter noticing as the deck is definitely capable of more than comes from the Carbon.

The upgrade is well worth it and took the already excellent P1 up a few notches I also have a P8 at home and whenever I use the P1 although I can of course tell the difference I still really enjoy listening to records played on it.

1 Like

Inspire Force 10, Rega 808 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze cartridge, Rega Aria phono stage. Oak hifi rack, DIY sorbothane /acrylic platform under Aria

A Avid Acurus perspex cover keeps the dust off…

18 Likes

@Ryder35 , time to post a picture of your new turntable :laughing:
You said in the other thread that you prefer the Solstice vs the Lp12 Klimax. But the Klimax has more details ( not surprising as the cart is something like 3 times more expensive vs the Equinox). You prefer it also vs the Brinkmann Bardo and Rega P10.
Curious to know why you didn’t choosed the Brinkmann Taurus?

Oh go on then :wink:

Taurus with arm phono stage and cart is a lot more than full retail on the solstice, let alone what I paid. I feel like the solstice has the best bits of the bardo (drive and excitement) and the p10 (refinement and detail) with that added Naim sound that we all love.

Audio t in Brighton deserve a shout out for their wonderful service in making this happen, they even gifted me a spare Aro 1 counterweight they had, allowing me to try my Lyra Delos and rega aphelion 2 at some point!

29 Likes

Maybe also the nicest of the bunch. :+1:
The Taurus looks not bad either.

1 Like

Latest acquisition for the 2nd system. Not as exotic as some but sounds as good as it looks for the money.

Anyone spot the deliberate mistake?

19 Likes

No to the deliberate mistake, but I like the look of that. Also good to see another train buff.

2 Likes

Lid won’t fit?

*Looks lovely tho!

Paul, how are the Dynaudio Emits performing close to the wall with their rear port, bungs in or out etc?

I ran them bungs in for a few weeks but I pulled them out and they sound superb bungs out. They are about 8cm from the wall which is I guess more than enough to tame any unruly bass. I’m told they are at their best on stands but I can’t do that at the moment. I definitely don’t feel I’m missing much and would highly recommend them to anyone needing to put speakers on furniture or shelves.

1 Like

Nope! Counterweight is on back to front.

2 Likes

Thanks Paul. I think the entry model Dyns are vastly underrated on the forum, and think they offer exceptional value for money. I’m sure the vinyl finish may put some bods off them, not being real wood veneer. Look great on the (Target?) wall brackets too, and glad they work in situ for you. Nice new deck too.

Apologies for the thread diversion, back on turntables.

1 Like

Is the ‘Pacific’ an ‘O’ scale Gresley A1, Peppercorn A3 or Britannia?
Working models or static?

Ah! Glad you asked. :grinning:. We are way off topic but if I’m quick we might get away with it. Left to right oo gauge Britannia class (black prince), o gauge Brit class (firth of forth), oo gauge black five. All DJH kits, all runners, the big one has sound and synchronised smoke. Finished the big one a year ago. Quick, start the car……

2 Likes

I suspect that there are a lot of gricers and anoraks hidden away on this forum.
They just wouldn’t admit it! :smile:

Maybe a thread on this in the lounge? I could do with some tips on OO gauge valve gear!

I’ll pop something in tomorrow morning. I love oo gauge valve gear.

Britannia or similar. Look at the Firebox shape.