Show us your turntable

Congrats ! Very nice. I had quite bought the reference many years ago.
What is the difference between WT classic and reference ? They look the same.

1 Like

That looks lovely - good job!

1 Like

With the computer as the source (news, videos) I really didn’t notice much of a difference between the two. I didn’t do a lot with music before I finalized my setup as above.

1 Like

Well said i wasn’t going to try a podium under my turntable, but as i had a nice bit of solid laminate from a job going spare and it only needed a trim down, i thought why not.

Its on and will see why it does or doesn’t do i guess over the next few days, but got my podiums up for sale so it may have to ho anyway.

13 Likes

I believe it is the plinth material and arm support. The mass loading

1 Like

Rega P1 with AT VM95E cartridge and isolation platform made from another P1 plinth and some Isonoe isolation feet I’ve also swapped the plastic sub platter for a metal one it now sounds very good indeed.

12 Likes

Recent purchase and although only has an Ortofon 2m black sounds very good

14 Likes

Avid? Ah, yes, I see the power supply now X)

Avid Diva 2 SP.

2 Likes

It looks stunning :+1:

1 Like

Thanks. I first heard the Diva entry turntable a few years back at a show and was impressed so decided to have a go at the Diva 2 and it sounds very good.

Nothing new here - except a few pickup changes
 :innocent:

MicroSeiki DDX1500 and Bauer DPS3.

atb, Tom

27 Likes

Very classy looking turntable. Never heard the Bauer turntable but always fancied hearing with a Naim Aro and Linn Troika.

2 Likes

The DPS is such a beautiful looking TT. Naim and Bauer collaborating on a limited edition turntable could have been interesting.

4 Likes

Beautiful two TTs. How would you describe their difference in presentation of the music? Just curious, since I own the righ tone myself, but with the No2 Schröder.

There are a few Bauer dps tables with Aro arms around. A friend of mine owns one of them, I sold him both the tonearm and top plate :slight_smile:
The Schröder fW was almost standard on the first dps. Due to demand for Schröder tonearms delivery times went up and the Aro became the arm of choice, until is was continued and Wille developed his own.

1 Like

LP 12 with Rega RB880 and Apheta 3 Cart.
Hercules Mose 2 PSU & Cyrus Signature with PSX-R2.

Recent purchase to replace my original Pro-Ject Perspective that has now been relegated to the Media Room.

Just bought a NAC202/NAP200 DR/HiCap2 DR to run it on as my Roksan K3 & K3 Power weren’t doing it justice.

9 Likes

Hi Bob, how do you adjust the tone arm for the difference from the carbon?

My daughter has the standard rp1 and trying to get a spare Elys working was a complete fail on tracking given the limited options.

I know this cart has a great rep, is it an easy swap?

Cheers

Which Dynaudio’s are those please?

Hi @Adam1 firstly if your daughter has the Rega P1 and not the RP1 I can help the RP1 may be exactly the same as the P1 but as I only have experience with the P1 I can only advise on that deck.

The VM95E is an exact swap for the Rega Carbon because they are both Audio Technica carts with almost the same hight and weight so you do not need to alter the arm at all.

When you fix the VM95E there is a hole on the Planar 1 headshell which corresponds with the Audio Technica logo and if you centre the logo in that hole you are good to go.

Hope this helps with your daughters deck because the VM95E is a very worthwhile upgrade.

2 Likes