Show us your turntable

I bet it sounds amazing.

If that’s a Rega Naiad yes .

it’s around £30k

Unless there are two John Bichts, you are talking about the founder of Versa Dynamics/Versalab. Back in the eighties and or nineties pretty much THE ultra high-end table.

The 441 arm board can be removed very easily and will also move along the runners to accommodate longer arms.
There are a few aftermarket companies offering pretty much any armboard configuration (including blanks too).

Hi, Mulberry, there may be many John Bichts working within the audio industry for all that I know, although that seems unlikely. The only one that I’ve heard of is the one who designed the Mission 774 tonearm. I have no idea what else he may have done on top of that.

After a hunt around, I have found my 774 armtube, so I’ll get that on eBay or similar. Someone out there may be hunting desperately for one.

It’s the same John Bicht of Versa Dynamics fame, who sadly passed away recently.

Thanks for the info, Richard, very sad though it is.

Me too. And I’m also a Vol - 83.
Got it at Service Merchandise in Jackson.

One of 2 ever made of this model by Transcriptors! I need to tinker with it a little as it been in storage but a rarity of the highest order!

27 Likes

Wow! It looks like a sort of super-Skeleton. Please tell us more.

No much to tell. It was an online auction buy, in bad shape. Cleaned it all up and got the controller working and when I contacted Michael @ Transcriptors about the motor he said he only ever made 2 of these! I was amazed. Got it at a ridiculously low price too. I had it running with my old system and it sound decent to boot. Win win.

6 Likes

While my RB1000 is getting some TLC, I’m borrowing an Origin Live Onyx—so far so good, but the head shell slots at the recommended mounding distance (Rega) only allow for Stevenson.

11 Likes

That’s interesting looking deck (as is the LP, in the lower photo). If you’re only borrowing the deck, you’ve pulled a cracker!

The tonearm looks ‘the business’ too.

Looks like it could be the DSOTM Live from Wembley in 1974 recent issue (judging from the label and its similarity with the cover design)

I’m borrowing the arm, the deck is my Rega P9! Sounding really nice.

1 Like

The record in the second pic is Desolate “Lunar Glyphs”. This and their album “Exceptionalism” are quite good.

Warning—if you decide to check them out, there are two acts called Desolate that usually show up under the name. This is the electronic artist, not the metal band.

1 Like

A peek under the cover of the Rock/Schröder combination with the SPU Royal N now replacing the Proteus and making a very strong case for itself. After final adjustment by ear there’s just room for a fag paper between the bias adjuster and the lid.

12 Likes

Picked this up earlier in the week
 actually sounds a lot better than I was expecting

15 Likes

Sorry, don’t recognise it. Looks nice though😊
What is it?:thinking:

Has that replaced the LP12 listed in your profile? If so, why replace the Linn?