Show us your turntable

Multi not-pass.
She’s lovely

:yum:

(married to an ex-punk goddess) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Back on topic: a deconstructed 1971 Lenco 75…well, bits and bobs.

7 Likes

This is my tweaked 1995 Rega P3 (with a Reson Mica cartridge) now directly into the newly serviced phono cards of the 62/HiCap/140 Olive set-up. I was using this with a Cambridge Audio 640p phono stage, which sounds very close to the Rega Fono MK2, but the new boards in the NAC62 sound basically the same so the Cambridge is now sold.

My other turntable on my main system is a Rega P8 with an ATVM95 SH cartridge into a Rega Fono Mk2 (shortly to be a Rega Aria) which runs into a new Nait XS2.

16 Likes

My first turntable in 35 Years; and it’s so nice to place the arm on good ole vinyl again.

Rega P3 Elys 2 smoked lid Rega Fono

15 Likes

What’s the brush arm at the rear/left?

Hi, Sorry, but to be honest I’m not sure what make it is. It was well recommended, cost around £15GBP and although a bit fiddly to use it does the job. I can adjust the height Weight etc. It’s a bit tricky setting it up but with a bit of patience all was ok. It does come with an anti static lead which I haven’t fitted just yet but that’s the next job :+1:

Have you compared listening with and without the brush? Many years ago I tried one…and could clearly hear the nylon bristles playing along (without RIAA of course!).

1 Like

The turntable brush reminds me of the old Watts Dust Bug. Used one for years with no ill effects. Wouldn’t mind having a modern version as my Ortofon 2M Bronze is like a vacuum when it comes to dust.

2 Likes

Project do one called ‘sweep it’. Works a treat and well made but differs from the dustbug in that it only has a brush on the front and not the fuzzy roller. Not the cheapest out there.

1 Like

Moin @Clemens ,

just say your post. Same story here. Still live in Hamburg and some day end of 80s went to some strange electronic store nearby. This was day one of my naim history :slight_smile:
I have never seen the brown one - my P3 (which I bought in spring 1990) looks like the one from Kuma.

Too bad the my P3 was offline for so many years - will bring him back to live and very much look forward to it.

Regards from Hamburg

1 Like

Well done, enjoy the new music platform, as I am sure you will.

Scott

1 Like

Hi, I don’t use the brush all of the time but mostly on the records that were quite dirty rather than the new vinyl I’ve bought recently but I take your point and will investigate further.:+1::+1:

…I would guess that it may depend on how far you sit from your TT and how loud the music is. There was once some concern that brushes could initiate vibrations in the vinyl…to be picked up by the cartridge…no idea if this is true. Anyway, enjoy the music that’s what is important!

1 Like

Indeed, the music is where it’s at :+1:

Looks nicely done. Thank you Ray!

I have an ion player very similar. I play old 45s on it. We had these portable players when i was at school we played humphrey lyttelton EPS on them. Good old days

2 Likes

In my time when I was young …many many years ago I used a Garrard record player box, the speakers were already inside the box … this is how I listen to music…lol

1 Like

I had a dansette. The good players like the pye black box were £40 that was a lot of money
In the 50s. My pocket money was not enough.

1 Like

Beautiful deck Mr. Paws, welcome back to the land of the living music :slight_smile:

Claude

1 Like

Thank you Mr Claude. The music was certainly living last night…

My latest LP… :sunglasses: half speed mastered too… I didn’t know that until 2 days ago so had to have it…

1 Like