Show us your turntable

No not yet, I like having the uniform black boxes. I have a Roksan Reference phono tweaked by TM in a full width Roksan box. The same box that houses the PSU, it all looks very neat on its own Farm stack :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking at the Michell website I was surprised to see that they now have a range of MC cartridges named Cusis. I havenā€™t seen any reviews of them, I wonder what they are like?
Iā€™m curious because Iā€™m still using my Syncro from 1986 and if I decide to upgrade it the Gyrodec is definitely on the shortlist.

1 Like

They look to be based on Benz generators. I havenā€™t heard them though, or heard any reports on their performance.

1 Like

My Manticore Mantra. Originally black ash, but sanded back to ash and stained with walnut and finished with wax. Rewired RB300 with Incognito kit complete with ATOC9/ML2. I had a new lid made to give it a contemporary look

My pre amp packed up, so not had much use in the last couple of years - Iā€™ve just replaced the amp with a Uniti Star and looking forward to a Rega MC Fono arriving to get it playing again

24 Likes

![Manticore Mantra turntable|666x500](upload://rG2wWlqitKKXZraKsbREQvgSaeh.jpeg

@deadflagbrews Thatā€™s a beautiful wood finish.

Hereā€™s my trusty Manticore Mantra with Manticore Musician arm (rewired by Audio Origami), Heed Orbit power supply and Nagaoka MP150 cartridge.

I wonder how it would compare to a pre cirkus LP12 with Valhalla power supply.

7 Likes

Very nice, did you fit the PSU yourself?

Itā€™s the plug and play version. So didnā€™t need to use my non existent DIY skills :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hana SL + LP12 by Gianluigi Mazzorana, su Flickr

11 Likes

Jelco 750 on LP12 + Hana SL by Gianluigi Mazzorana, su Flickr

11 Likes

Time for this, methinks!

j/k

:smiley: :wink: :smiley:

7 Likes

I knew Iā€™d seen that beforeā€¦:joy:

18 Likes

Excellent reference. What was her name.?

Bundaluka chillawenga ektba tessybot.

ā€œLeelouā€:joy:

Scott

1 Like

Multi passā€¦ :slight_smile:

Milla in The 5th Element. Great film by Luc Besson where even Bruce Willis is funny. Oldman is excellent!

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can recommend a Michell Gyro SE, with Rega rb330 arm and a Micro Benz ace SL cartridge.

Iā€™ve already got a RB808 snd Dynavector 20X2L on the Syncro so any new turntable will have them fitted unless thereā€™s a good reason not to.
For any turntable upgrade the shortlist includes the Gyrodec, LP12 and Rega P8 or P10. Do Rega arms work well on a LP12 or is it better to stick with Linn arms?

VPI Classic w/periphery ring and center weight
VPI Speed Controller
Benz Micro M2 Cart
Joule Electra OPS-2 Phono Stage

13 Likes

If you have the RB 808 then that will easily transfer to a gyro SE. My RB 330 was my dealers standard package.
My dealer in Kentā€™s county town demoā€™d me the P8 with the gyro SE. Always difficult to put any differences down to just the TT. Arm, cartridge. Their phono stage. The list goes on. For me the hardest piece of hifi to assess. So many combos. But I guess for fundamental the TT needs to be right. The look of the gyro is a big selling point.

1 Like

Multipass

1 Like