Show us your turntable

It was my Father’s - he bought it new in 1982.
Still works like new and sounds very nice :slightly_smiling_face:
The ability to change the cartridge via the removable headshell is a boon for my many mono recordings, and the single button start and auto-return are also nice features.

3 Likes

Swapped out my Rega P3 for this Beogram 4002, looks way cooler, build as a rock and sounds great without have to tweak.
Full auto is also great.

37 Likes

Not mine, but find that new mark levinson turntable very nice. Made by VPI.

3 Likes

Here’s a photo of the Concept Active table with the additional ClearAudio Smart Power 12V supply… it’s a NiMH battery pack (supplied at 18V) highly regulated supply and feeds both the motor and the built-in phono stage (running at 12V as before). The design matches the turntable really well - same size and shape and finish. Hard to describe the change, but I did listen to one last album before installing it, then replayed one side… seemed to be overall more solid and clear / quiet. I’ve been listening to a lot of vinyl since getting it last week, super fun and enjoyable. The Sade box set is really impressive and a great throw-back choice… Overall, really pleased to make the upgrade purchase and highly satisfied.

Regards alan

13 Likes

It looks nice indeed :+1:

Fantastic. The B&O kit was well ahead of its time and still looks great now.

1 Like

Smashing!

Loved my Beogram 2000, bought around 1988. Let it go because it needed a new stylus, which was hard to get in the early 2000’s. Might be better availability now, with increasing interest/demand.

Swapped in a Rega Planar3, coincidentally! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks for sharing.

Nick

1 Like

Nice one, the Sony reminded me of the Sony ‘Bio-tracker’ turntables, I still want one! That and a 401 and an EMT as well please!

Are you listening Santa?

1 Like

Tell Santa you can still pick them up on Ebay for quite reasonable prices :slightly_smiling_face:
I bought another one in perfect working order just in case my one goes wrong at some point in the future - the individual spare parts are not so readily available!
:+1:

1 Like

Said it before, and will say it again, Clearaudio don’t get the recognition they deserve in this country.

2 Likes

Not in situation, but I have shown pictures sat on the Isoblue:

IMG_3489 by Jon Moody, on Flickr

13 Likes

That’s a nice dark fluted plinth. Quite different to the usual afromosia.

2 Likes

Thank you,
Yes, it has a high gloss finish which is a little unusual too. Peter S built it for me back in 2012 and, apart from a recent cartridge change (Ortofon 530), it has remained untouched.

Beautiful plinth. But what’s with the top plate - looks like it’s sagging quite badly?

Good question, I’m not sure, I often see them like this to be honest. Peter S seems to be well regarded with LP12s so I tend to trust the expert. The bounce is spot on and the platter is 100% level and most importantly it sounds great, I have bigger fish to fry.

2 Likes

Mine is the same. The top plate needs to be fit to the plinth so there are no rattles. One of the most overlooked aspects of proper set-up

Yep, fully aware of the importance of the top plate - and Mr Swain is certainly to be trusted in this area! Just never seen it like that before, that’s all. If it sounds good then all’s good.

26 Likes

I believe top plate bending is part of the dark arts of Linn building. I seem to remember a photo of Peter on the floor and sticking his knee into a top plate to achieve the desired fit. Modern LP12 top plates come pre bent apparently.

Had a look :eyes: on the Linn website and that fitting is per Linn spec . Just never noticed it before

1 Like