Show us your turntable

Wow Mitch what a system! you get that a lot I bet. I’ve a Kuzma stabi s stogi. I only got it last year and love it. Its way down the pecking order compared to yours but its fantastically well built, so solid and the best sound, lots of air and space with great timing detail and bass.

1 Like

@Philpepp
Thanks. The Stogi is a fine turntable, especially for the price.

1 Like

@Mitch
Every time I look at your turntable, I keep thinking of a copper still distillery! Can’t think why… :thinking:

:wink: :smile:

Raising a glass of Bunnahabhain here :tumbler_glass:
Cheers!

5 Likes

What a brilliant idea! I’m going to join you with a dram of Bunnahabhain myself…18yr.

3 Likes

…and my wife just asked for a dram of the Bunnahabhain 25 yr. Not that there is EVER any competition!

3 Likes

You dont need to rip 8000 Cds with streaming, just enjoy Qobuz library which is more than 8000

Also it prevents you buying CDs and LPs that you never touch after 1 session

3 Likes

I absolutely agree in your opinion about streaming etc.

Your setup is just amazing and I am sure your TT sounds wonderful. The looks are just a matter of taste. I would love to drink a great Whiskey and listen to some nice Discs in your room. Cheers! :ok_hand:

Nice turntable.

I have been meaning at some point (when circumstances allow) to visit the Spritland bar in Kings Cross London. There sound system was designed by Definitive Audio and includes the Kuzma Stabi XL DC and Living Voice Vox Olympian speakers so should be interesting!

2 Likes

Thank you! It does sound incredible, especially when playing 180 or 200 gram LP’s at 45 rpm.

3 Likes

What those speakers need are a few more drive units!!

2 Likes

Yeah…36 just do not cut it!

4 Likes

Just enjoy. I wish you could be in my neighborhood :wink:

This is my Rega P8 the best TT I have ever owned. I have never considered myself to be an audiophile even though I enjoyed listening to music.

About 20 years ago, I decided to upgrade my music system. Not knowing any better, I bought a few hifi magazines, bought a 5 star amplifier and 5 star speakers put them together and thinking they would be ideally matched and capable of working together. I now know this isn’t necessarily so. I then bought a CD player from the same manufacturer as the amplifier. This equipment I bought from 3 different dealers.

Last year circumstances dictated that I find myself a new hobby, I’d already bought myself a Naim muso, so I gravitated to this forum. Since buying the above equipment, I had moved to another house and the system sound absolutely awful, it was bright and screechy, I couldn’t listen to it for more than a few minutes. Ii was pointless upgrading anything until I got things sorted. So, I read the forum, learnt about speaker placement, room treatment, isolation etc.

I spent weeks moving the speakers around, trying different positions, isolation pads between the speakers and stand and a couple of GIK panels either side of speakers, to fill in a double arch into the kitchen and double patio doors into the garden. Eventually, I could listen to my test discs all the way through, without winching, it sounded good.

Now was the time to contact a dealer for a TT. Eventually, I put put my head up above the parapet and here I am.

Thank you.

I’ve gone on a bit haven’t I?

Dashing

32 Likes

We’ve all been there!
It is said that you learn from your mistakes. If that’s the case, audiophiles must be the most learned bunch on the planet!

Stick with forums like this and it will all gradually become clear (I hope!).

6 Likes

P8 on an isolation platform always remind me of a Townshend Rock, something in the symmetry.

1 Like

Just enjoy. I wish you could be in my neighborhood :wink:

Well, if you ever come to NY, you’d be welcome to come by for a good visit!

1 Like

11 Likes

Now that has brought a smile to my face !

Thanks, Mitch! :+1: Same is for you. If you should come to good old Germany, some Edradour Whiskey would also be here. :wink:

So have fun and stay healthy in the city that never sleeps🍀

With most cartridges the Aro is better without the trough but there’s a Decca on it at the moment.
I suspect you were actually referring to the later Rock 7 in your comparison to a skeletal Rega, I only have the Elite but it does have the bellows feet replacing the sorbothane ones, you just cant see them.