Show us your turntable

Kronos Sparta / Helena
Thankfully the Transfiguration Proteus was repaired and back on song :slight_smile:
Kronos, Transfiguration by Cautious Lip, on Flickr
Kronos, Transfiguration by Cautious Lip, on Flickr

27 Likes

My favourite deck :grinning:
So pleased you got the cartridge sorted it seemed like a lost cause for a while
All the best
Tony

1 Like

…sounds like characters from Guardians Of The Galaxy!
Happy listening.

Cheers Tony.
So glad it was repaired at a reasonable price. Such a waste otherwise
Ade

For those interested this gem appears on Episode 13 of Series 18 on Discovery Channel’s How It’'s Made

7 Likes

Always liked the style of the Wilson Benesch turntable. Only heard at the Bristol shows.

1 Like

Watching it put together was quite something

It’s just gorgeous isn’t it do they still do it, never did like the stand though it looked like it could be knocked over very easily
Seem to remember it came with the ply cartridge or something like that

Yes I got this off their website yesterday, only difference is that this has a white base and the TV show had a black base.

I am firmly of the view ( heresy) that turntables should look as good as they sound .

It is after all at the pinnacle of the rack

Their new gmt one looks rather interesting also but its going to be rather pricey.

You always learn more from defeats/ mistakes than victories/ successes

1 Like

Finally Installes my humble Thorens TD 295 mk. 4 today after 2 years. Connected to a Goldenote Phono 1.

(Don’t mind the wires, need to tidy up de cupboard a bit. Yearly cleaning/cable dressing is a bit delayed :grimacing:.)

19 Likes

Frankly I wasn’t too impressed with the Statement + linear arm.

A good record player/well pressed LP always beats a streamer IMHO.

3 Likes

Koetsu is the answer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just came back from Manhattan. Might take you up on your generous offer next trip :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That would be excellent! How often do you come to NY? Where do you live?

Pre-Covid at least twice a year. My daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter live in Hoboken. Son lives in Pennsylvania, so I try to get to the US as often as I can :slight_smile:

I live in Istanbul.

1 Like

I live in Istanbul.

Not exactly around the corner! I just sold my 552 to a guy from Istanbul, who now lives in Houston, Texas. He’s coming to visit next weekend to share in some scotch and tunes.

2 Likes

Not so bad really. There are currently direct 3 flights a day to JFK (more in normal times). Once you get on a plane with the airport hassle behind you, 3 hrs or 10 hrs is not much difference for me. Gives me more time read and listen to music.

2 Likes