Single-wire to Bi-wire Terminals?

I don’t believe they do, although they do sell SL jumpers.

HH just being his usual contentious self - he was happily running PMC speakers before his SL2s and, if I recall, advocating the use of the F connections!

Of course I am. That said I only advocated F connections on my PMCs because the supplied links were so bloody awful. I asked the PMC rep why the twenty series has these infernal multiple sockets and was told it was for marketing. And lo and behold, the twenty25 series doesn’t have them. While some people may biamp, they are few and far between. The vast majority are using their speakers with the links and thus not getting the best from them.

Let’s take Super Lumina biwire links, which I can imagine SL cable users wanting to have in order to optimise their system. £999! That’s £999 they wouldn’t need to spend if the manufacturer hadn’t put two sets of terminals on their speakers in the first place. Nobody gains here, other than Naim and their dealer of course.

2 Likes

Good grief - thank God I preferred the Chord cables! That’s daylight bloody robbery - no wonder Naim won’t offer the F connection as a free option. I have to say I did ask when ordering my ProAcs if I could dispense with the dual terminals, only to be told no, not an option.

Thanks for the replies.

I went from A to C yesterday and am pleased I did!

G

1 Like

“… no wonder Naim won’t offer the F connection as a free option.“

It would be reasonable for Naim to charge an extra amount for an F type termination which I would also reasonably expect to be at lot less than jumpers at £999 a pair.

Possibly leading to a better sound quality for Naim SL users and definitely more happy customers I would think,

Richard

Yep, it makes a lot of sense to use £999 jumpers with £1 terminal cup connectors :wink:

1 Like

REVISED 2022:

I use the Nordost mid-level jumpers in a diagonal configuration. I did this on the D40R and tried it on the K6’s. You can search and find how to do it but you put one cable in the treble plug and one cable in the bass and then use the jumper to wire each to its counterpart, the treble to the bass and the bass to the treble. This sounds much better than the solid links from the factory on the D40R.

@Mike_S I have found on the K6 and now on the K6 Signature that the straight method works much better at high volumes. The diagonal set up breaks up at high volumes. I put the SuperLumina into the bass side and use a Nordost jumper into the treble. The diagonal method sounds like crap with the more complicated K6 crossover, and the crossover is where the magic happens. Some prefer to wire to the treble and jumper to the bass.

1 Like

I also tried wiring the treble to bass diagonals out of phase. And had one speaker with links to treble and the other speaker with links to bass - giving further options.

Used to have exactly this on my ES11s.

I have been experimenting between both to HF and both to LF recently for my 804D3s. Had not even considered crossing them so will give that a go. At the moment I have settled on both to LF as just more slam from the 250. With both to HF it was just too bright for my taste, but had a bit more detail. Maybe crossing will cover both.

1 Like

Royd shipped the RR1’s suitable for single wire, with the option for biwire if required. There are internal soldered links, connecting the upper and lower terminals, which are cut to convert to biwire. The upper terminals are also fitted with plastic plugs, encouraging the the lower terminals (which I presume are the bass terminals) to be used.
RR1%20int

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.