SL2 damping pad query

The damping pads in the top boxes of my SL2s are crumbling and I need to replace them. On another thread, a reader mentioned puresoundsales on Ebay as a source, but they don’t seem to list them. Other companies, however, such as Wilmslow Audio and Music Store seem to have plenty of different acoustic pad shapes, sizes and thicknesses.
Can anybody help with a source for the pads, or is it just a case of getting pads to the closest thickness of the existing ones and fitting them into the cabinets?

1 Like

@NeilS recently posted the Allae foam spec as 12.7mm thick reticulated foam 80ppi. SL2 top boxes may be the same, but probably best for Neil to advise here.

1 Like

I have replaced the foam in the top box of my SL2. Made a template out of card. Found on Falcon Acoustics site that they have set of foam for bbc 5a. There is sets of foam that suits. Best thing to shape the foam is a kitchen knife for veg prep (very sharp!)
John

2 Likes

Yes - as far as I can see they are exactly the same spec & size.

Regards
Neil.

5 Likes

Thanks Neil.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.