Small room advice

i’ve compared Stageline and phono stage in SN3 to my RCM’s SENSOR 2 MkII
Sorry, it’s like polish Extraklasa to Premier League :slight_smile:
absolutely different level

Fair enough. Mate has SN2 and older floor standing pmc which is enjoyable and seems a good match.

i’m actually looking at Proac’s Tablette Anniversary and Studio 118.
I doon’t have any possibility to have demo.
As I wrote before, I’m looking for something different to Spendor’s A6 presentation - much more detailed, open and with more higher tones.
Do you think these can be a cure for that?

i’ve just bought PMC twenty22.
and still one decision to come - xs3 or sn2 (no funds for 200/202 now)
do you have any experience with these integrated with 22’s?
as i wrote in the first posts - i’m looking for much more open and crispy sound than i’ve had with Spendor a5.

Are you able to listen to both - that is best way of deciding. That aside, I would go for SN2. The PMC’s do like a bit of power and you will get better control of bass. However, listening for yourself remains best way of deciding

yes,
i know that demo is the best way, but it’s not possible now.
i was looking also for other brands, but always go back to Naim.
i think that i’ll get the one which i found in better price :slight_smile:
and it will open a road to upgrade
again

1 Like

It’s all good!

I am after all night listening sessions of PMC 22 and Exposure 3010s2 D.

unfortunately I can’t compare face to face with SN2, but:

• very energetic playing

• bass control better than 155xs / 152xs

• details, scene - no comparison in favor of Expo

• trebles - very clear, there was no ssssssss even though PMC straight out of the box

• vocals - I don’t see much difference

• sound is not so “full” compared to Naim, but it does not bother me - the it’s much more crispy and clear.

and I’m in a bind - I thought I wouldn’t want to hug anything but Naim.
and i can get it new for a half price of exdemo SN2/

if someone is bored during lock down - it’s worth testing yourself.

1 Like

Exposure is a good company — nothing wrong with liking their gear. But, personally I’d be wary of committing without auditioning an SN2 first. On cost, a quick look on the web throws up ads for used or even ex dem SN2s at not much more than the Exposure. If you really want to stick with Naim, you could try this route and sell on if it doesn’t give what you’re looking for.

Roger

Done.
SN2. Better than Expo 3010s2d in every aspect exxcept bass control. Sn2 has much deeper bass, which sometimes is not controlled.
Maybe PSU would help???

After few days - same impressions
But the bass control is better in Expo.
Sn2 goes deeper , but under control

Adding the HiCap will help there.

Is it worth adding a HiCap 2 (non-DR) to the SN2 or would that be a step back since the SN2 has DR circuits for the pre amp power supply?

I would say that a dedicated PSU with a dual rail supply, despite being non-DR, would still be superior to the built in preamp power supply.
However, the opinion that adding a Hicap to a Supernait improves it is not unanimous, so you will need to decide for yourself.

I’d do it properly with a Hicap DR, or not do it at all.

2 Likes

I am running a P10 through the Nova and it sounds awesome…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.