SN3 and NDX2 volume control sound quality?

I know you can connect the SN3 to the NDX2 via a 3.5mm to 3.5mm but was wondering whether this would cause a significant sound quality drop by doing so. I obviously wouldn’t want this but would like the convenience of doing it. Has anyone noticed any difference by doing so?

That’s for remote control connectivity and does not impact the sound.

1 Like

I’ve seen a few comments here about System Automation cables degrading sound quality a little, and even the odd comment that you should buy an expensive audiophile grade cable for it. When I had an NDX connected to a 282 I could hear no degradation in sound quality whatsoever with a cable that cost me 65 pence, so I would suggest you get a cable and try it.

1 Like

It’s fine. The NDX2 simply sends a signal to the SN3 that makes the volume knob turn. It’s a great feature, and you can switch sources too.

1 Like

65p! What a cheapskate. Mine was £1.49, but then that did include postage.

1 Like

Actually I thought I was being rather extravagant, as my dealer gave me one when I bought the 282. It was too long, so I splashed out on a shorter one to tidy up the cable dressing.

1 Like

You were robbed mine was free from the dealer.

1 Like

Thank you for all your help, ill order one. Unfortunately living in the highlands I’ll probably end up having to pay £5 postage on a 99p cable.

Mine was from an online retailer called Kenable, you can go direct to their website or via ebay.

1 Like

Thanks thats one ordered, thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.