Sn3 bottleneck

The reality here is you can spend 60k+ on a 2 channel system and still want “more”.
A 282/250 and above will sonically outperform a SN3 as it should do given its relative cost and system complexity.
You’ll find quite a few on here that have gone up and down the Naim ladder over systems changes, I’ve done it myself.
If your budget allows and system performance is higher in priority than system cost and complexity just get a 282/250 and be happy there.
A SN3 is a wonderful product but it’s only as good as the design constraints allow and the price point dictates. To elevate performance beyond that you increase component isolation and efficiency of power source, adding more boxes, connections and cost but with the benefits of a higher performance system.
I imagine if you’re focused primarily on the performance of the system and the source/amplification synergy you’ll be more comfortable with a NAC/NAP journey, a Supernait has a ceiling of performance implied by its integrated design, a HiCap is a refinement, the addition of a NAP will take it further but these are in many cases a means to an end to an evolution to a NAC/NAP based system.
If you have the budget just get a NAC/NAP.

5 Likes

A bit sad I confess . No life , no tourists in Paris. Cold, rain…but I am fine. Once or two months is quick.
And you, NZ is in isolation too? Quennstown looks wonderful. It’s far from you?

3 Likes

I’m glad you are fine, even if sad with your lockdown. NZ only has border restrictions, no other restrictions, life is pretty much as usual though overseas travel is difficult so we stay here. Queenstown is lovely, though at the other end of the country to us. Take care.

1 Like

Dear Hungry Halibut,

in your opinion, what types (names pls) of speakers match well with the SN3?

thank you.

Wow very nice ! At first sight to me looked something like our Bellagio peninsula in th middle of Lake Como

Regards
Roberto

Very nice indeed. Unfortunately I don’t live there. But asked Mike because he lives in NZ.

But we have our Annecy lake, not bad too, even if not so beautiful…

2 Likes

I’m sorry, that’s impossible for me to answer with specific recommendations, as speakers are so personal.

2 Likes

Neat Motive SX2. There is simply no other speaker. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.