SN3 Standby?

Thanks. I was assuming that the SMPS was bypassed as there is no clicking. It’s interesting that the difference is only 3W. When I first got the NDX2 it was used with a 555PS and I didn’t use the standby function as I assumed it was only applicable when the player was used by itself. 27W for the XPSDR/NDX2 combo doesn’t seem to bad and at least it’s less than the SN3. The SN3 is doing harder work of course. Thanks again.

Great point, surely consumers will reduce use of such items, thinking maybe TV, Smart devices.

I guess for our Naim systems surely a utility factor needs to be considered.
If you barely use the system, surely its a no brainer to switch off.

Im thinking my daily usage for my Nova, Switch, Server is now barely 2hrs a week.
Sometimes i do use it for background music if working at home, in between meetings.

So with that in mind i think ill power down for a few months and use the Portal and Alexa boxes for background music :face_vomiting:

All my house lights and most my plugs are motion or timed on/off.
So the only items left are EV, Router, Smart camera and sensors.

1 Like

During these times I find it a bit awkward to read excuses and whataboutisms leaving amps on 24/7 and wasting energy

3 Likes

Hi @swtrains

I turn it all off and, with my ears, can hear no difference in SQ, when compared to leaving it all on.

1 Like

I have measured my stuff: SN2, HiCapDR, NDX2 and Aria.

Ironically, if the promised power cuts materialise this coming winter, we won’t have much choice… we’ll switch off.

1 Like

Does make me wonder is it all a rouse to distract and blame impending power cuts.
Just as saying most our gas comes from Russia, it doesnt.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.