So excited

You will only get your PSA tested if your gp specifically requests it.
N

1 Like

Some healthy people who have Covid vaccination have died of blood clots. For them, following the best advice doesn’t turn out well. Unfortunately that’s how statistical judgements work in health care. It doesn’t mean the advice is wrong though…

There is a gov site giving the info and background as to whether you should have a psa test, and whether you should act on the results in consultation with your medical advisor. The test is available and free for those over 50, as well as for those with symptoms, below age 50.

I’ll leave it there.

If you are worried by this thread can I direct you to the website of Prostate Cancer Uk. This is run by practitioners specific to the disease.
Helpful,informative and comforting.
N

1 Like

I had a PSA test for a number of years and the number began to rise, had a biopsy and cancer was detected. Options and consultation was for either radiation, surgery or both.

I choose surgery and had a robot assisted Radical Prostatectomy. In the pathology report post operative, cancer was identified in several areas of the prostate but none in the margins that were also taken. I have been free and clean of five years.

The majority of my career was spent in the health care field working in clinical informatics/systems. Both inside large teaching hospitals and for vendors. There is risk with all procedures and medications. I have seen people come in for simple surgeries/procedures and pass away and people come into the ICU that had little chance of making it out but did.

No guarantees in life and we all have different reactions to what is presented to us. So you make your decisions and live with the consequences, there are no guarantees.

Some of us will be outliers and fall outside the high percentage of survivors. Some may die from an allergic reaction from anesthesia, a blood clot or other allergic reaction from a drug or vaccination. Some folks will die from a superbug because of misuse of antibiotics over their lifetime. Nothing is perfect but it is a lot better then it used to be.

Of course we may end up killing ourselves with our abuse of our environment or just plain old greed and corruption. …but that is a discussion for another thread on another forum.

Life is grand and the music is sweet!

7 Likes

True in my case. Being in my late 60s, my doctor suggested that I do a colonoscopy as I’ve never done one before. I did it and a few days later I was in the hospital with my kidneys close to failure. Spent a week there while they tested me for everything and eventually had a biopsy. All the tests came back negative and from the biopsy the doctors thought the best explanation was that I had an adverse reaction to some chemical in the laxative. Thankfully my kidney function has recovered although my GFR isn’t at the level prior to the problem.
Also colonoscopy was clear and was told that the next one can wait 10 years. I told the doctor I would not have another one and in 10 years time I would be in my late 70s and I wouldn’t care at that age.

Got my kit in this afternoon’s post. All sampled, dated, packaged and ready to post.

Willy.

I’m still unsure what the OP has in the post, but items that get delivered are often a source of excitment.

Apologies. I have started a new thread Stop all the Clocks.

Yes you will - life is never long enough

4 Likes

Well said

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.