So excited

Postie is due tomorrow.

oooh go on…

That equals bills, nothing to get excited about! :crazy_face:

1 Like

The postie delivered my bowel cancer testing kit today. I’ve got to catch my poo, put a bit on the special stick, bottle it and post it back. Now that’s really something to get excited about.

17 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know you could post poo. I wonder if Hermes do that!

Possibly, but who knows whose poo it would be. The NHS poo testing device uses good old Royal Mail. The delights of being 60…

4 Likes

Its all hermes do.

2 Likes

How many kilograms of stuff will postie deliver?

They’re doing that over here as well. I did it last week and heard back, and I’m clear.
My doctor suggested it in place of a Colonoscopy which is due now. I’ll wait a year or two for that.
Best of luck.

I hope that’s directed to bruss and not HH. :grinning:

3 Likes

One of life’s joys

So exited . . . . from HiFi dreams to posting poo. How I love being British.

Nothing like hi-crapping a thread from the OP.

:joy:

1 Like

As a colitis sufferer I’ve had plenty of sigmoidoscopies and colonoscopies. The key is maximum sedation. So poo samples are nothing. Grab it, poke it, wrap it, send it. I think it’s just wonderful that this service exists. So many people die from bowel cancer and catching it early can make such a difference. Heaven knows what the OP is waiting for though.

6 Likes

HH,

I had surgery Feb 15th, went in for quick procedure, nothing major, after my colonoscopy. Came out of the hospital with c-diff, and was out of work for an extra 5 weeks until they solved the issue, had to collect my poo too. I feel for the people out there that suffer from colitis. Take care of yourself !!
Scott

It’s moved on a bit since the last time I took the poo sticks challenge

As someone who nearly died of bowel disease , just think of it as a test on the efficiency of a major organ.

But not as glamorous as some.

Tell us the weight, and the pros know what’s in the parcel… Black box, I mean — not HH’s poo… :scream: :scream:

Yep done that one :poop::poop: :mask::grin:

HH, do you prefer the first or second movement generally speaking?
Please shift to Classical thread if appropriate.

1 Like

Hi HH,

I bit of a digression, but the service is excellent. My wife’s sample was suspect, she was in a scanned quickly, biopsies taken and processed - all good I am glad to say. Great service by the NHS, even during the pandemic.

Hope all is clear for you.

M