Sondek LP12 - what does the panel think?

Lovely looking deck.

Not had time to read all the replies but noticed the serial number and proof of purchase. I would definitely keep it as it is and get it serviced by a reputable dealer of which there are several across the UK.

And if the OP wants an up to date one, get a Majik

1 Like

In that case, use the serial number of the old deck to get a Majik LP12 under the Karousel promo (ends soon) and then sell the free Karousel.

Nice old LP12. For a service, contact Peter Swain at Cymbiosis who are based in Leicester. He really does know his stuff. I don’t know where you are based but it will be well worth the effort.

3 Likes

So, I have now entered the world of LP12
Thanks Andy Heavens for your excellent service - new belt, suspension springs. lube and a bit of TLC to the motor and a replacement power cable. And thanks to all who contributed to the thread :slight_smile: . . . Its a gud’n

18 Likes

Looks good: pleased you kept it original

3 Likes

Yep, would be a crime to change a thing. It is a lovely marrage between old and new tech. input 1973 - LP12 using a modern Naim amp ( driving a pair of fully restored Cambridge Audio R50s next).

It looks lovely.

2 Likes

She’s a looker and no mistake.

1 Like

That looks lovely.

1 Like

The R50s will be interesting. I remember them-ish from my teenage hi-fi mag buying days in the 1970s

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.