Song titles:the Good, the Bad and the Mad

Some song titles are just great, others make you wonder.
This one is one of the more enigmatic - translated as ‘Some days I wish I was my dog’ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Video Killed the Radio Star - Buggles

Eight Miles High - The Byrds

Super trouper - ABBA :thinking:

Heartattack and Vine - Tom Waits

1 Like

IMG_3158

2 Likes

Another strange title from those crazy Germans :grin:

Translates as ‘German Railways’. :thinking:

“Big Eyed Beans From Venus” by the utterly brilliant Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band

Plenty more where that came from, especially on Trout Mask Replica.

4 Likes

Breakfast anyone?

Air Head? Wow those bass lines :+1:

“The New Ashmolean Marching Society and Student Conservatory Band” - Frank Loesser

Also “A Hymn to Him” added to give Rex Harrison another song in Act II of “My Fair Lady” (IIRC). Now being re-examined in Columbia University articles on gender relationships.

1 Like

aphex twin
Martin

1 Like

Back in 1980, Aardvark Records put out a compilation of Sheffield/South Yorkshire bands called Bouquet of Steel.

Among the featured acts were Artery, Comsat Angels, Shy Tots, I’m So Hollow and others. An infamous contribution was “Glen Miller And His Contemporary Intimacies Meets The Musical Janeens Uptown With A Packet Of Jellies And A Caribbean Monolith” by The Musical Janeens (And Other Party Games).

It’s quite good.

1 Like

At the risk of going off topic: it’s a pity that except from some “ lost sessions” Comsat Angels’ regular releases are not available on Qobuz or Tidal.

And to bring this back on topic: the essence of 80s teen age angst may have been captured in the song “ Stiekem gedanst” (I danced with you furtively) by a Dutch band called Toontje Lager.

2 Likes

If You Leave Me Can I Come Too

2 Likes

Frank Zappa for bad and mad titles. These from 200 Motels give a flavour:

Dance Of The Rock & Roll Interviewers
This Town Is A Sealed Tuna Sandwich
Tuna Fish Promenade
Half A Dozen Provocative Squats
Shove It Right In
Lucy’s Seduction Of A Bored Violinist & Postlude
I’m Stealing The Towels
Dental Hygeine Dilemma
Penis Dimension
A Nun Suit Painted On Some Old Boxes

Or how about Here come the fleas by White Noise, from the album An electric storm

2 Likes

‘If I could do it all over again, I’d do it all over you’ - Caravan.

1 Like

Tracks 2 and 3 from Brand X ‘Moroccan Roll’ (1977).

1. “Why Should I Lend You Mine (When You’ve Broken Yours Off Already)…”

2. “…Maybe I’ll Lend You Mine after All”

‘Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict’ from Pink Floyd ‘Ummagumma’ (1969).

3 Likes

“3 AM at the Border of the Marsh from Okefenokee”. Tangerine Dream ‘Stratosfear’ (1976).

2 Likes