Songs that have Bass that Rocks your House !!

I’d love to believe from that that the transmission lines blew the glass out of your windows, but suspect it isn’t the case. (Not really hoping it happened, just would make an amazing hifinstory.)

My early “hifi” was all kit stuff, then I borrowed a pair of IMF TLS 80s. Driven by a Marantz PM4, I knew nothing about room modes. 1960s wooden frames and single glazing happily sang along.
I keep meaning to get my Hifi News/Fris Dalines out of the roof and try them in the current set up. Last century I had a neighbour who worked for Philips and he assured me they were reproducing 18 Hz without frequency doubling.

I had their slightly smaller sibling, TLS50ii from new in 1975 (my son has them now, returning home after a sojourn away for a few years). Replaced with RSPMs, the one above TLS80,which stayed until 2016, now PMC EB1i. No other speaker design that I have heard has matched transmission line for bass quality as well as depth.

When I think bass, a few tracks spring to mind

No.1 for pure bass has to be Roots Manueva’s “Witness Dub”

Other close run are;
Roots Manueva “UK Warriors” from album Dub come save me
Sidestepper “In Beats we trust” from the album In beats we trust
Ash Walker “Bamboo Circus” from the album Augmented 7th

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.