Sound via optical

I have my TV set to optical out into my Qute. I have a cable box and Blu-ray player connected to tv via hdmi. The sound comes through via optical out no issues. I have Netflix app on the tv. I cannot get dialogue from Qute with this. All I get is noise. I ca get the voices from tv speakers but not through Qute. Any suggestions for a fix?

Do you get sound via Qute for the TV channels? If so, check sound settings from within the Netflix App, or your account settings.

Just got it working. I had to change sound setting of tv to PCM with Netflix app opened on tv. Have to do that for each app. Odd but it is now sorted. If only I could get back that couple of hours of my life. Lol

2 Likes

Hello,
Please tell me , how to connect two speakers muso qb to a TV , through Toslink optics ? Be sure to have two speakers .Simple splitter did not help in this (
Is it possible ?
Thanks in advance for your advice

If you want to connect your Mu-So Qb to your TV then you can use the optical s/pdif connection. Just be sure to set your TV to output 2 channel PCM and not Multichannel Bitstream. Otherwise you could also use the analogue 3.5mm jack input on the Mu-So.

I’m not sure what you mean by “two speakers”. Do you mean you want to connect two Mu-So Qbs? Or you want to connect two speakers to a Mu-So Qb? If the latter then the Mu-So has the speakers integrated and cannot power external speakers.

1 Like

:grinning:
Yes , I want connect two Mu-So Qbs to my TV , like a " soundbar "

You only need one. And if you have two you’ll be constantly having to juggle back and forth to control volume.

Alternatively I guess you could us an analogue signal splitter, but the same issue with volume control - although one remote control might be able to keep both volumes controlled and in synch. Seems messy though.

Another possibility might be able use Airplay 2 if your TV supports it and then use both in multiform mode, but it’s just a theory - I have no idea how or whether it works out in practice.

Thanks for the help, I’ll try as soon as possible

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.