Soundbars?

I have a klipsch sound bar that has a couple of horn tweeters on each side and some good mid bass speakers and a 6 inch sub. It sounds very good and reproduces music much better than any of the other sound bars I tried in its price range, which was about $700 CAD, 8 or 10 years ago.
It has the worst stupid little cheap remote control that is most annoying on a daily basis and always has been. In the not too far off the future, we will replace it with a better sound bar, as there are a lot of new modern designs out there now. Sennheiser has a good one I believe, but really I have my eye on the new Bose sound bar after reading a review of it. Probably about 1500 CAD I would think, which isn’t too bad considering any music the TV is playing would sound very good and I believe it has a dialogue boost setting. The Klipsch he’s quite good for that as well, but again it just needs replacing.

Just a couple of points to note, I tried the four speaker Sony dolby atmos system, great sound but it’s plagued with link issues from the control unit to the speakers, had to send it back as the drop outs were just too much. Also tried the full Sonos set up great sound again, but a lot of boxes! Ended up buying a Panasonic LZ2000 with 21 built in speakers, what a revelation, and no sound bars!! You have to be very careful with your choice is the point I’m making really.

1 Like

Bose is a laughing stock. But their performance in any shaped room or space is incredibly consistent. I use their older Bose CineMate 1SR sound bar and it is superb.

I ignore the haters as just not understanding the use case for Bose stuff. Despite all manner of more “respectable” hifi in my collection, I’ve never not owned a bose speaker in one form or another.

1 Like

That’s precisely the same way I perceive Bose’s place in the audio industry. I would never use them for a music listening system because they’re, I don’t know, too modified? But they have deliberately developed technologies that can make a smallish radio/cd player sound incredibly good for what it costs and other things of the sort.
My music, I like to sound like music … untouched and unadulterated, but voices and soundtracks during movies need to sound quite different I believe, and from what I’ve read, Bose has done a pretty nice job on their new sound bar offerings and the like.

I will of course give them a good listen in the store theater setup and I will listen to their competition as well. No one does home demos here, but I’ll know which one’s right. And there is usually is a 30-day money back guarantee, which I’ve never used because I can usually tell what sound I like, allowing for the different environment.
It was very nice to hear that someone else understood the important space that Bose fills in the audio industry. Those particular things … No one does it better …

1 Like

I just replaced my AV setup for the Sonos Arch system. Had to consider wiring etc for our new build and decided to make things simple by eliminating as many cables as possible. Installation was the easiest thing I’ve done just plug them into power and they do the rest. As for sound I’m totally impressed, highly recommended.

2 Likes

And to add to @david1111 comments; I used one Bose dock when working abroad as it was not feasible to ship my main system. With an iPod it kept me sane, and they went to a good home when my contract ended.

As for soundbars @BruceW I have considered using them on several occasions. First time, I had just bought my main system back from overseas and had a tv for the first time in 20 years; but, my active system proved more enjoyable. Each time I change tv I reconsider them; this last time, I opted for a sub woofer instead.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.