Speaker Cable for Naim e Rega

Good morning, I would like to purchase the ZAV FINO NOVA speaker cable for a Rega Aethos amplifier and then try it on a friend’s SN3.
The cable specifications are these:
The NOVA has a 12 AWG (3.3mm²) pure PC OCC monocrystalline copper LITZ multi-strand construction and a central core of silver-coated conductors. The copper of these conductors is also subjected to a particular ultrasonic cleaning before drawing which completely eliminates any impurities. I
Is there any problem connecting it to these amplifiers? Thank you

I would be very cautious using a litz type speaker cable with any Naim amp. The SN3 may well be fine, but may not perform optimally. Either way, it’s best to stick to a low capacitance and moderately high inductance speaker cable. For more on this see the FAQ on here.

1 Like

And with Rega?

Don’t use litz cables with Naim amps.
I’d stick with the rega speaker cables. Not sure what they use these days, there was rega duet and sc42 if I remember correctly.

1 Like

I don’t know about with the Rega.

1 Like

The Rega Duet cable is a well regarded option to consider.
Its a flat parallel pair cable and very flexible so very room friendly.
As a parallel pair it will have middle of the road inductance & capacitance & be OK for Naim SN (I see a thread on the forum with a happy owner of NAP250 running this cable, and the 250 is very fussy over speaker cables).

Unfortunately Rega do not publish any “useful” specifications, but its 4mm/2, 99.99% copper and 250 strands per conductor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.