Speaker cable for Supernait 3

No, you can use a hairdryer by all means but it’s not essential. I did use a few bits of white tape just to hold it in place while I did the bends in the cable. Once formed it has held shape for a good many years. This formability of NACA5 is a much under appreciated strength.

2 Likes

Yes, so i am beginning to understand - thanks again

Witch Hat statement

The Impact of Brexit (EU customers only) - Cables

There will be no change to how we deal with UK and non-EU customers, however EU customers will now see the costs on our website have decreased. This is because we will no longer charge VAT of 20%. Whilst there are no tariffs in the trade deal, import VAT may be applied by your country according to their rules.

It is worth checking into this as some countries have “de-minimis limits” for VAT imports so it may benefit you to separate out an order. I am aware, however, that the EU plan to put an end to this in July. All goods will be exported at the correct value and we are not willing to artificially lower the valuation of the goods for customs declaration purposes.

There should not be any additional delay as UPS will handle our logistics and customs clearance. Whilst they have increased their cost to us, we’ll still be shipping to the EU free of charge for the next 6-12 months and then we will review the situation to see how we’re doing.

We will still honour the 30 day no questions return policy, however could you please contact us before shipping as there are forms which will need to be filled out correctly to avoid delays and additional fees. We can talk you through how to do this – it’s actually quite easy.

Similarly, with servicing items, we will likely book your inbound parcels to avoid issues and remember that whilst VAT will not be charged by us it may be by your country on repatriation.

2 Likes

I second the Tellurium Q recommendation. I have the silvers, albeit on a SN2, and they’re fantastic! Supremely flexible, too.

To be fair I think one’s speakers and even room will also influence the choice of speaker cable. Although my preference was for Witch Hat vs. Naim, Tellurium and Chord, I can understand anyone choosing any of these instead.

Further loudspeaker cables to explore:

Kudos
Chord Co.
Atlas Hyper (not sure about specs match)

The customer might find that a handling charge (for the local VAT) has been slapped on - not by the manufacturer but by the carrier (?). It’s better to wait until July, when the seller will be allowed to deal with VAT. There was a long article about it in the national press (The Guardian?).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.