Speaker cable length NAP300DR

I would not disagree… but… this is the Naim Audio Forum, so… :smirk:

But isn’t the same. At all.

1 Like

I believe the construction of NACA4 and A5 are quite different, in terms of the size & number of strands…?
NACA4 has a lot, of quite fine strands, whereas A5 has far less, but thicker strands. Hence, NACA5 is a lot stiffer.

The sheathing is completely different on NACA5 as well, and also rather stiff…

1 Like

The electrical specs to all practical intent are identical, which is what matters to the amp as I understand it.
Whether it sounds different is another matter, although as I own both (of equal lengths) I have never noticed any difference.

Inductance is not so affected by the wire strands within the cable, the insulation has some effect but the significant design factor that gives the Naim cable the required inductance is the conductor spacing.
NACA4 & A5 have very similar spacing & will have similar inductance, if www numbers are to be believed, A4 is 0.93uH/m & A5 is 1uH/m

2 Likes

You’re being ripped off, mate. You could have got some K20 for £30.

3 Likes

The thing is in this price range I don‘t care :). Its exactly what I am trying to say. It should be easy to afford :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.