Speaker cable recommendations

Apologies if this is covering something that has been done to death before…I recently upgraded my speakers to Focal Aria 926’s to partner my Uniti Star. They are absolutely fantastic and I’m loving the sound. My next step is to think about upgrading the speaker cables. At the moment I’m using bi-wired Chord Company wire that I’ve had for about 18 years. What would be a good partner for the rest of the system? I have a budget of c.£300 and need about 2m.

cheers

NACA5 is what Naim would recommend. Naim do not advise bi-wiring.

Your cables should be at least 3 to 4m long to ensure comparability. Biwiring is not good with Naim so the immediate thing to do is to use half of the cables in single wired mode.

1 Like

I would strongly suggest you look into Luna Cables. There are 5 grades, so you should be able to find one that meets your budget. I use a complete set (IC’s. power chords, and speaker cable) of Luna Noir, their top level, with my 500 Series rig and Grandinote Mach 36 speakers. The results are fantastic. Look at their website. I think you, or anyone else, will find it interesting.

2 Likes

I don’t believe the 3-4 meter rule applies to the newer Naim gear. Anyway, Witch Hat cables are very popular here. Designed by ex-Naim designers.

2 Likes

If you can get 3.5 mtr Witch Hat Phantom within budget, your done.

From the current Naim Power Amplifier manual

"Loudspeaker cables are vitally important. They should each be at least 3.5 metres long and of equal length. The recommended maximum is normally 20 metres although
longer cables may be viable with some Naim amplifiers."

Thanks for the advice everyone. Have just ordered 2 x 3.5m of Which Hat Phantom for £280. Website says it’ll take 3-4 weeks to arrive. Will let you know what I think once it arrives.

1 Like

Maybe it is too late to reply, but for those in the US - speaker cables from AV Options, and Blue Jean are quite good, and they do not pin a hole in your pocket.

1 Like

I use 5 mtr Phantom and still, - after months of use, it seem to perform better and better.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.