Speaker Cable

No not “more” outlandish Sooky.

Outside of this forum in particular and certain other hifi circles, it’s unheard of

Let’s not disappear down the path of that whole argument again. Thanks.

2 Likes

Does that apply to both sides (for simplicity - in reality there’s more than two) or only one?

1 Like

Another Nigel, a member of a dying breed!! I have a Supernait 3 with an NDX2 and it’s a great combination. If you should be so fortunate that Santa brings you an NDX2, do ask one of his little helpers for a system automation cable. I got mine for £1.29 and it lets you control the amplifier from the Naim app or the NDX2 remote and makes the system really easy to use.

I have a 4.5m pair of TQ Black II with mine and it works really well.

The advice to try alternative cables for a week is good; swapping to and fro will only confuse you. Cables can change a lot over the first few weeks, so be careful to compare well used examples of others against your own TQ cables. New A5 can sound quite thin and shut in. I remember trying Chord Odyssey once. It sounded very neat and organised after my A5 but after a few months I found I was listening less and less and found the system a bit boring. So I put the A5 back in and voila, the music and enjoyment was back. So just be careful, if you are happy with what you have it may be best to stick.

Personally, I couldn’t live with 2.5m cables - I think it’s just that 38 years of Naim ownership has conditioned me to using longer ones. I did use 3m Super Lumina for a while and they were fine. Yours are only 50cm shorter and there is no earthly reason why they’d be an issue of course.

Thanks for the advice. I will certainly give the NACA5’s a fair run to assess them. I do really like my TQ’s though - To be honest I’m more concerned about hooking up my REL sub and will probably go with the Baseline Blue Naim edition cable, although the stackable plugs look weak in the photos I’ve seen. That will not be for a couple of weeks yet though. I do not like to change too much at one go.
Oh, and I’m not actually a Nigel - I was gifted that name on a jobsite when a contractor forgot my name but remembered I was English - that was the first name he thought of (Thanks XTC !)
After he called me that in a meeting I was stuck with it :rofl:

The BassLine Blue cable certainly cures any ‘hum’ through the sub, but you’re right - the stackable plugs are rubbish and will pull out easily.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.