Speaker cable

If by ‘performance oriented’ you mean expensive, why not get some of Naim’s Super Lumina? They match the 300 perfectly and are very fine cables. Naim can also supply jumper leads to connect to the second set of terminals. Jumpers are the best option here.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s very helpful info

I’ll check the super lumina…I’m definitely not an expensive is better person by any means. I’ve recently added the 300dr and Sonus Fabers and I suppose I should’ve asked upfront if “better” cable could add to my recent upgrades …my original enquiry was regarding the Furutech cables and would they match with Naim

With your level of equipment, very good cables would be a good idea. I used Super Lumina when I had a 300DR and was very pleased with them. That said, a higher price doesn’t seem to guarantee more enjoyment, and I’ve read reports of people preferring NACA5 to SL. I use Kudos KS1 now, and I’ve read of people preferring that to SL. It’s an interesting area, as SL costs ten times as much as KS1. I tend to think that the pricing is more to do with market placement than the quality of the cables themselves.

2 Likes

One more opinion…

I use TQ Black with 300DR. It sounds a bit clearer than A5 to me but to my old ears the difference is not huge. Mind you, my cables are 18m (!) long, so Super Lumina would have been ridiculous even if my only dem showed it to be transformationally better than A5 ( which it really didn’t).

To me, the biggest improvement over A5 if using long runs from Naim amps is that TQ (in Wimbledon) and KS-1 (in Tasmania) can bend.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried the speaker cables from another ‘obscure british audio company’,NVA Audio with Naim amps?
I think NVA Audio has the same design philosophy as Naim had in the past,that the speaker cable is part of the amplifier design.
If you want to upgrade their cables to a better/more expensive model,I think they also have a trade-in program.

1 Like

A good one is Neotech Nemos 3080. If you can you should give it a chance.

1 Like

I agree 100% and will certainly look in to the Kudos cable and thanks for all the good info you’ve provided

I’m currently using TQ black and like the cables. In my original post I was looking for something I could bi wire with my new Sonus Fabers…perhaps I’ll stick or try the Kudos cables…thanks for your input

1 Like

I’ve posted this picture before, but in case you haven’t seen it, this is how I had my KS1 cables wired for biwire terminals. The wire itself is uncut. It would look very neat on the back of your speakers.

4 Likes

Thanks again….I’ll send this pic to my dealer if you don’t mind…he handles Kudos speakers and can get the cables

2 Likes

You are most welcome. Make sure the split where the two wires come out of the sheath is long enough. Mine was a bit too short really. Because the backs of your speakers are so narrow it should work really well. I have Naim plugs on the amplifier end, which is said to be the best solution. The cables also come in black, which may be a better option for you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.