Speaker terminal (naim)

Those are the Naim plugs I was referring to earlier with the little black plastic boxes removed. That would be my choice too. Naim supply them with their amps, and previously with the speakers that used them, or you can buy them from a Naim dealer. They are sometimes referred to as SA8 plugs.

1 Like

I found something to install :slight_smile:

But now i’m gonna do it perfect. A peace of wood with 4mm holes. Then on the right space between them in the vertical lane (plus or min)

I had a minute to solder some things. For now it went good. But if you look at the copper part beside the solder, i have to cover it because it could be oxide (copper went green). How can i do that? With a little bit oil? or paint? Or something else?

For now i guess it quit good :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s fantastic! I really wouldn’t worry about any green bits, just use them as they are. I would however remove an inch or two more of the plastic between the two cables just to relieve any tension on the sockets. It would be interesting to hear whether you think it sounds any better once it’s settled after a few days.

You can use heatshrink tubing around the exposed ends to cover the wire and solder. This also reduces the chance of accidental shorting between the + and - ends. You could do this on the end pairs of plugs, but unfortunately it’s too late to add it to the lower ones.

If you use glue lined heatshrink then you can add it to both connections. Just cut carefully and when it heats up and shrinks it will fuse around the white sheathing.
Or just wrap with sticky electrical tape.

Nice job and well documented.

Just to add to the other tips re heat shrink, you can also use rings of Thick red and black insulation from bigger size cables to create colour Rings or sleeves to wrap around the link cables or each of the plug stems to identify their polarity.

I don’t know if it possible, but i hear a better sound. More fundamental, detail, stage sound, etc… It swings.

Could that be possible?

This also with the lavender, whereas my hi-line is to my dealer to repair. I’m curious when the Hi-line will be back.

It’s absolutely possible and probably what you’d expect. Good result.

Nice work. As others have stated, open up the “V” and glue lined heat shrink would tidy it up aesthetically.

Its what you should have with a very well soldered pair of naca5 cable. Many would be audiophiles still doubt that correct soldering with good solder can make such a difference but it absolutely does as you have found out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.