Speaker upgrade Dynaudio

I always use subs. Even now with Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum driven by a 300DR I use a pair of REL S/510 subs.

1 Like

Ah okay I see. What a system…!

1 Like

Dynaudio launches 4 new speakers in May.

2 Likes

Confidence 20 active is one of them. It’s 4 if I am not wrong. If it’s confidence special edition , I will be interested :laughing:, with berillium soft dome tweeter

Thanks Keano
Where can I read about the Dynaudio news?

They are small @Peter63 – 20cm wide x 36cm high and 31cm deep.

They don’t need a lot of power to drive them but the more juice you give them, the happier they are. They’re really fussy about placement though, ideally they need to be at least 50cm away from the wall.

5 Likes

Dynaudio on X or Instagram

1 Like

This might interest me a little, but it doesn’t really excite me. I love my Confidence C2 Platinum and have no desire to change. I’ve heard the Confidence 30 and they didn’t compel me in any way to want a change.

1 Like

I am confused by the Contour Legacy. It looked like a floor standing Heritage series :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: realised there is old Contour that looked exactly similar

Those upcoming Contour Legacy speakers look well lush!

7 Likes

They look like the old Contour 1.8 from two generations ago of Contour models. Thus, the name “Legacy” I suppose.

1 Like

Yes they look exactly like the classic contours — 1.1-3.6 series … and they are the best sounding contours.
I made one of my worst mistake in my life , I gave up my 1.3 mk2 SE .

1 Like

In China , they have the consequence … made to order

I still use a pair of wall-mounted Audience 52SE in my office system (with a Naim Atom), which have the mid/woofer of the Contour 1.3 mk II and Esotec tweeter.

1 Like

Isn’t that a contradiction in terms, or have Dynaudio found a way to make beryllium fibres?

Hope they do one day :smile:

Nonsensical, as the primary benefit of beryllium is its stiffness relative to weight. If somehow made into a fibre that could be woven into a soft dome it would negate that property, removing whatever are the currently known benefits of using Be for tweeters.

2 Likes