Speakers for NAP 100

Naims own n-sats should be mentioned.

I’d have suggested the same thing. 3020i if the 3030 is too big.

They work really well with Naim regardless of their low cost.

PMC DB1 Gold would also be a charm. Second hand they can be had for 500 quid.

The Qacoustics like at least 15cm of space behind them with the bungs in, or bungs out and more space. The PMC are transmission lines so the rear aperture isn’t a reflex port. They can go pretty close to a rear boundary. As a studio monitor, they should also work well for nearfield listening.

A don’t recommend them so much as confirm their very good compatibility with lower power Naim amps. I don’t believe in speaker recommendations as such. Too much personal preference and room dependency involved.

2 Likes

My Neat Motive SX2’s didn’t properly start singing until i upgraded to a SuperNait 3. Even my XS 2 wasn’t really enough for them. I fear the SX3 will be too much for a NAP 100. A lot of folks tend to over speaker their systems IMHO - which is why i suggested the QA 3030i, or even better still, your suggestion of the 3020i. Easy to drive, not too demanding on the electronics, sound superb and won’t hurt the wallet.

Just called Naim/Neat dealer here and they assured me that NAP 100 will be enough to drive SX3s properly and he sounded very confident. And I really feel that £600 for new ones is a great deal. Anyway, if I won’t be satisfied I always can upgrade. Thanks everyone.

1 Like

That sounds like a fantastic deal, i wouldn’t hesitate.

1 Like

Did these fall off a truck? Too good to be true… By the way, I like the SX3 very much — great speakers!

1 Like

The ProAc’s will be a very nice match

1 Like

The Harbeth P3ESR might need more than a NAP 100 to sound its best. One of my first bookshelves were the Neat Petite 3’s, with the EMIT tweeter, “monkey coffins” they were called, great speaker that paired excellent with Naim. You might be able to source a s/h pair in your price range, or maybe the Neat Petite SX, though discontinued they pop up from time to time on the usual marketplaces.

1 Like

I’m picking up SX3s on Saturday, will share my opinion when I’ll give it a good audition.

2 Likes

Great choice. Will be interesting to see how the nap100 drives them.

1 Like

+1 A very enjoyable speaker. Have fun! :grinning:

2 Likes

So I got my system running for about 5 days now and I like it more and more every day. Maybe I’m not a big ears guy but I don’t hear any lack of power for Neats.

Naim DAC V1
Naim NAP100
Neat Motive SX3 + Custom Design FS104 Signature stands.
Velodyne EQ-Max 8 subwoofer.

3 Likes

Sounds like a great combination. Hope you have many hours of happy listening.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.