Speakers! The death of

Believe it or not pal I had a couple of cards for a nait3, sold them and didn’t realise they were the same cards for the 102 doh!

So to be honest I bought the rega as a " couldn’t be arsed" situation which we all have. They were brand new so gutted was an understatement.

Point taken, I’ll look at the hi cap first and see where I am.

Ironic that I seem to be with the hifi I have always aspired to but it doesn’t sound like what I had years ago

Sondek, (really regret getting rid of that but hey, divorce hahah) sudden p28 pair of mono blocks, with a simple potentiometer that my dad set up with a pair of mission cyrus speakers. Sounded absolutely out of the door.
CD player was a simple Arcam Alpha 8

Why not ask James or Henry at Tom Tom to see if they have any boards? It would be a neater solution.

1 Like

Agreed, it’s one box out of the way, I donned another rack with a XPS and Hicap and the other power supply can sit at the side of the hicap.

One thing I haven’t noticed though as it’s mainly CD I listen to is if the axis is as bright.

Right, I’m off to listen to some vinyl and see the outcome hahaha

Thanks hungryhalibut, appreciated.

The hicap is a holden Fisher transformer, is this normal, a mod? Thanks all.

That’s a standard earlier Hicap. The H&F is very good.

1 Like

I do not think it’s been suggested yet…
With the Intro, I liked the nap90 and nap140 and even better with the Nait1.
I think that beyond a nap140, it is too much constraints for Intro boxes.

Got the hicap and XPS, just need to sort a new rack :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well get you Mr Speedy!

1 Like

Got the XPS plugged in earlier, so a little more warming up needed but first impressions are wow.

Swapped things round and until I get a new rack I’ve removed the record deck.

4 Likes

Also moved the speakers further part and close to the wall. Singing like a baby and I’ve still to wait for the hicap.

Thanks all.

1 Like

Excellent. The XPS really transforms the CDX and should fill out the sound. Source first is usually the right approach and a firm foundation should you change the speakers for something better.

Santana just oused depth on his guitar. Rhiannon Giddens no longer scratched and pink floyd the wall is just so deep and rich. Very happy with this, cannot wait to get the hicap plugged in.

Screached that should have read

Or even screeched!

1 Like

Hahaha yup that’s the one, bottle of red is going down while listening to some long awaited quality sounds. :blush:

That’s no problem for the most Tuba players I know. I play the Trombone for a year now and bow in deep and breathless respect.

1 Like

BBb tuba at that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Interesting finding. Not sure of this is anything to do with me disturbing the system or powering the CDX via the XPS. After an hour the music started to abruptly go off and some times sounded like a harsh skip. Any ideas?

Are the locking collars secured on either end of the Burndy?