Spotify Drop Outs v Qubox / Roon

Lots about Spotify foibles this in this area…

Spotify still suffers from Drop outs, pauses, etc, sometimes none for days and then lots… even after extensive testing and good Spotify tech support. No major drama but annoying. Playing “downloaded Spotify tracks” made little difference…

Interestingly if I switch off Wi-Fi on my Spotify device, it often still streams… which makes me think Spotify does a lot over the Internet connection, not diretly from the downloaded copy… humm

Now using Quboz via Roon, not one drop out. Very solid… and definately my prefered option. Oh and Quboz sounds (HiRes) IMO loads better…

1 Like

Now also trying Tidal direct via Naim app… so far so good, no drop outs…

You can only play downloaded tracks in the Spotify app on the machine it’s downloaded, not via Spotify connect. When using Spotify connect the device your playing to is pulling the data unless your using Airplay to connect to the device where it will be the tablet, phone or Mac sending it to it.

Unusual to get issues with Spotify as its low bandwidth and undemanding on networks. It might be your ISP having issues connecting to them if Qobuz and Tidal work as they would put more strain on the network than Spotify ever will.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.