Stack Audio Auva Isolators

Which ones are these - the look good and seems to be better adjustable than the Gaias

:clown_face:

6 Likes

What’s their listed name?

Haha I feel you there.

1 Like

If you go to Ali Express and search for "Cerabase " you will immediately find these. Their dimensions, while not exactly the same as the original Cerabases are within 3mm, and the construction otherwise looks identical.

An octet of genuine Cerabases sells for over $1700 US domestically, but these cost $170 for eight…including shipping and taxes.

I will concede that the genuine Cerabases MAY give a superior performance ( but why…the construction is near identical) , but I am willing to forego 5% of the performance for 90% discount.

Unlike buying a Rolex superclone, its all about results and not pride of ownership or resale
value.

2 Likes

Plenty of Stack in my LP12. Very good.

1 Like

Stack audio Auva 100

1 Like

Anyone tried auvas yet?
And which one is to use? 50, 70 or 100?

Got it!
100 is the one to go.

I am very interested!
Looking nice and easy to adjust.

1 Like

Chord silent mounts seems the least invasive solution.
But can they bring such big improvement as the isolators?

AHT

Jul '20

I also have SM7 under my speakers, SL2s, most excellent. Officially, Chord recommends SM7 for speakers only, not racks. For racks, either SM5 or the more expensive titanium disks are specified. I have no experience with either of the latter, just thought I would mention it.

Seen this. But as it is a different concept there should be a difference.
Installing is easy as it only replaces the chips

1 Like

Has anyone used them?
I have tiled floor and the tiles are uneven a bit - meaning there is a slight difference in height between the tiles (e.g. left and right from seam).
Putting this big feet over a seam could be difficult as it has no flat contact.
Does the foam underneath cover that? Found no pics. Going for 70 size could be a solution.

Maybe this will help
https://the-ear.net/review-hardware/stack-audio-auva-70-isolation-fee

1 Like

Or maybe this

1 Like

Read it a minute ago :rofl:
But wat does „subtle but audible“ mean…

This one 5 min ago… this was excellent…
Very much leaning towards the 70 version to give the a try
Would have tested Gaias, but the fine adjustment is the key for me.
With auvas I can do this!

I am not sure but from the looks of it, the Auvas do not have any allowance for movement in all directions as the joint is fixed. The Gaias appear to have a slight allowance for movement presumably due to the rubber feet thus may be more secure with installations on uneven floor. However, speakers with Gaia feet are usually a little wobbly.

I presume speakers with Auva feet do not show any wobble at all? Sound wise the Auva seems to have a slight advantage based on a YouTube review posted above. Townshend isolation also allows movement in all directions with the speakers showing a higher degree of wobble when pushed.

Auvas have a feltpad underneath and this will do some minor leveling.
I can also test the music tools I posted in the pic above. They allow some movement

The Auva , as my Finite Elemente, can be adjusted separately to fine tune the level.
You have just to turn them to increase the height or decrease it on each feet.
The Finite Elemente are more expensive I think, and in aluminium colour, not black.
So go for the Auva. However my feeling is that Townsend podiums are a bit better, but haven’t tried.

Townsend podiums, from the Audiophile man site review :
« You need to rotate the metal discs that you find placed at the very bottom of the Podium feet to level up the structure.

Once level, carefully place your speaker onto the Podium itself and try to centre the cabinet on the stand.

You may be struck by a case of the wonkies at this point as the speaker tilts to one side. That is, one of the four Podium feet might ‘give’ a little too much and a bit too easy, causing unbalance in the shelf. Keep your bubble level handy for this bit too.

There’s a wheel on top of each Podium. Rotating this wheel anti-clockwise raises the Podium to level things off. And vice-versa if you twist clockwise. The instructions will provide information of how these adjustments can be performed efficiently. «

Usually, the gain is not worth the money. :blush: