Stained Glass

Really pleased with the new stained glass window we just got made up and fitted for the front door, my partner designed it with our local crafstmen. The old one was falling apart and held together with sticky tape. Being a early thirties house we wanted to have something in keeping. Changes the whole outlook from inside the hall and when we come down the stairs and the different colours from outside make it look different from other angles.

26 Likes

Very nice indeed :ok_hand:

1 Like

Nice…I even see a bit of 20s Art Deco there too.

1 Like

That’s really nice. Definite Art Deco there, which would be in keeping with the period.

1 Like

Yep there was a deco influence to it. We especially like all the diffent styles of textured glass. She was like a kid in a sweetshop putting them all together.

1 Like

Beautiful. I hope you live at No 12!

2 Likes

Did you have it double glazed at the same time? A friend of mine had a large window rebuilt as double glass.

Looks great, good design and great craftmanship.

I did an evening class in Stained Glass window making some years ago. Being fairly practical I thought I would do it ok, how wrong I was.

1 Like

Yes they added a safety layer on the outside to protect and help with insulation so it’s double glazed.

1 Like

I just have to wait until next doors scaffolding is taken down now as their loft extension is finally over and I can start to repaint the door and porch as the finishing touches.

That looks fantastic. My son is a glazier and specializes in lead light restoration, I have been his assistant on occasions and know it is definitely not easy. Unfortunately becoming a dying art in this part of the world.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.