Starter Hi-Fi system

Thanks, understand now, HIFI has a language of its own :blush:
Looks like the Atom, Tab 10 combo. Although they all look great and sound awesome I’m sure.

Again

Many thanks for your expertise.

I’ve built DIY speakers for the last 12 years or so and the only speaker that I actually consider purchasing is the tab 10. This will be to go with my Atom in another room when I free it up. From what I’ve read/heard it sounds like there’s some magical driver synergy going on.

3 Likes

Hi,

I also acquired the Muso2 last year together with 5Cdi as CD’s still important to me. Found that I missed the warmer more natural sound from Amp and Speakers s got the Nait 5 and some Neat Iotas paired with Chord RumourX cable which I think all sounds great. Atom would do what you require for streaming not CD’s but give the Iota’s a listen as I could not believe how good they sound for the size, my room is 14 x17.

1 Like

How do you like the CD into the Muso 2?

There’s a new-to me Muso that is looking for just that via optical.

Heck, I’m going to plug in my beater Teac after lunch & follow up…

1 Like

@Mark84 I would definitely audition if you can. I love the Atom and Tab 10s, but not sure they are the best match, contra to what some others say. My experience with the Tab 10s was that they benefit from being driven by more power as they are otherwise a little polite and bass light. Mids are great though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is a very good output for the CD5 as you would expect but I am using the optical output to my tv so used Audioquest Sydney 3.5mm to 2 RCA for connection.

1 Like

Ah, my bad… it’s an output!

I did say I was new to this little beauty …

1 Like

Get the Signature if you’re going down that road. I’ve had both, but the Sigs units are just that bit better integrated and free of the box.

G

1 Like

As an Atom owner myself, I’d also go with the Atom as the basis for your new system, but I’d also second the advice to visit a dealer. We all hear things differently and IMHO there’s no substitute for auditioning, ideally at home, but at least at a dealer’s, particularly when buying new. You might even be able to pick up an ex-demo model at a discount.

As an additional recommendation, I’ve heard Atom with Dynaudio Emit M20s at a show and to my ears and those of several others it gave more fun and musical satisfaction than many of the much pricier setups — a cracking little system.

Roger

3 Likes

Thanks Roger, food for thought.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.