Statement disappointment

Phone or support@naimaudio.com - they are ready and waiting for you! If you email them, let me know your Ticket Number so I can highlight it.

3 Likes

Hi Clare,

FYIā€¦
I just called Naim support, spoke to Ash, and he said he will pass along my request for someone, perhaps Mark Bonner, to call me tomorrow.
Thanks.
Mitch

3 Likes

Hi @Mitch, I know Iā€™m far down the line but my xs didnā€™t have tape our but I had to get a special cable from naim to listen to my headphone amp plugged into the AV din to reverse the signal. Iā€™d have thought a similar option is available on your amp? Sorry if this has already been mentioned. Good luck. I do admire your system and whiskey collection!

The nac s1 doesnt have an av input or any DIN with output connections. There are just 3 regular input only DIN sockets, 3 inputs via RCA and 2 inputs via balanced XLR.

2 Likes

@robert_h arr ok. The higher up you get the more specific the function is I guess.:thinking:

Well, you do have a rather fine phono stage :wink: .

Youā€™ll be glad to hear that Nevin is going to be moving forward with EAR now that his father has died.

M

1 Like

Good news :+1:. Thanks!

And have you already learned from Naim what possibilities there are to realise your wishes ?

By the way, whether it eventually works out to your satisfaction or not, few can claim that you donā€™t have a fantastic system :slight_smile: Congratulations on the purchase!

Believe it or not, I have not heard back from anyone at Naim in spite of several attempts at emails and even a call to Naim which resulted in an unfulfilled promise of a call back. I guess Iā€™m not a sufficient enough purchaser of Naim gear to their attention. On the other hand, I have a friend in the business who has a solution for me. He is going to build me a custom device which will solve all my problems. He calls it a "variable loading step up transformer input phono preamplifier, RIAA de emphasis EQ and multi input switching unit for the betterment of inter-component communicationsā€¦AKA, the Mitch Switch!

4 Likes

Lol Mitch switch sounds bad ass! What listening fluid goes with that one?

1 Like

Unfortunately, all to easy to believe.

I was very temped by a used S1 recently (possibly the one you picked up) and the primary reason for not pursuing it was personal experience of Naimā€™s disinterest in assisting with problems, as an overseas customer. I also would have bought a NAP500 some time ago but, for the same reason, am holding back and looking at alternatives. I may still buy one but absolutely not a new one, simply due to the lack of support. Ditto ND555.

Naim feels like a very different company these days, to that which itā€™s reputation was built onā€¦

1 Like

@Richard.Dane @Naim.Marketing

Maybe itā€™s just COVID 19 lockdowns, or Is Naim very busy at the moment?

[quote=ā€œElfer, post:242, topic:15511ā€]
I also would have bought a NAP500 some time ago but, for the same reason, am holding back and looking at alternatives. I may still buy one but absolutely not a new one, simply due to the lack of support.

There are no shortages of proper fluids!!!

Shame youā€™re not in Europe and 220v :joy:

I get that. I needed to have my Statement converted at the Naim factory, from 220v to 110v since it came from UK.

Hi @Mitch, I am not sure when you sent your recent emails to naim, but if in the last couple of days it could be because itā€™s a 4 day Easter Holiday weekend and the factory is shut down? Additionally, they may not have any further information for you yet.

My emails and phone call to Naim started 2 or 3 weeks ago. Nothing was in the last 4 days.

I believe so, yes. And I guess Covid makes it tricky because so many of the office staff are having to work from home rather than the factory. But Iā€™m sure Clare can give you a better view, once the Easter holidays are over, of course.

1 Like

Mitch, Iā€™m surprised.

Did, you let @Naim.Marketing have your ticket number, like she asked? I know she would follow this up for you.

Note that from Thursday it has been Easter holidays here.

p.s. Iā€™ve edited one of your posts. Please respect and abide by forum rules. Thanks.

1 Like