Statement disappointment

Exactly, those talking about ‘sound quality’ are missing the point… a good R2R is an analogue signal processor and can modify the audio in an attractive way just like vinyl does…

2 Likes

You might have something in common:

3 Likes

That’s VERY COOL!!!

I live on Long Island
Huge parties? Guess I was not on guest list :wink:

1 Like

Better actually!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Or
a good R2R is an analogue signal processor and can modify the audio in an attractive way just like digital doesn’t… :innocent:

2 Likes

Hey…tape decks…brilliant!

2 Likes

@Mitch , here is an interesting ND555 review (in German) that ends with an interesting conclusion :wink:

The rest of the review is here : http://www.serra.se/ND555.pdf

2 Likes

LOL…You can be on m guest list! Where on the Island are you? I’m in N Massapequa

Thanks Thomas, but I would probably find it a bit more interesting I could understand German.

Right :grin:
It could be translated like so : “with the ND555 Naim have put an end to the digital versus analogue debate.”

2 Likes

Das ist very fanny!:joy::rofl:

4 Likes

Ahhh…that’s what I thought it said. Apparently they were mistaken. LOL

1 Like

I wondered what I was going to read based on the title of this thread, but what a fantastic heart warming read.
Help offered from all over the shop, transatlantic banter, fun with our mainland European friends, and a few solutions perhaps to come…
One big happy family and all that…
Happy weekend everyone :+1:

7 Likes

Agree some are missing the point regarding Mitch he wants and enjoys compiling mix tapes or compilations. He enjoys the interaction of r2r and listening passively at times (don’t we all ) He doesn’t want to stream music but it’s being constantly brought up

2 Likes

Thanks, but also, let me be clear about the idea of streaming. First off, I have absolutely nothing against streaming. In fact, if I didn’t just lay out a ton of $$$ for my Statement and other recent upgrades, I would seriously consider getting one, not to replace my Revox, but as an additional stand alone source. I do get the value. Secondly, as I’ve indicated earlier in this thread, I’ve had a NDS on loan for the past 3 months while awaiting the return of my CD555. This was my first experience with streaming and I did enjoy having it.

As many have said, I do enjoy the process of compiling the lists of songs to record as well as the actual process itself. I have an extensive CD library of over 8,000. Burning them is inconceivable. Plus, it is nice to be able to browse the floor to ceiling shelves and select, or have others select, what to play and to be able to read the credits on the albums. The same is true, of course with vinyl.

4 Likes

Dix hills

Sorry, you did mention that before. So, when would you like to come over?

For what it’s worth Mitch, I believe there are services available that will rip all your CDs onto any drive you want. NAS or otherwise,someday when you are ready for streaming.

What’s the returns policy from the shop?